By Bullet4MyChemaMo - 24/04/2015 22:38 - Ireland - Cork

Today, I was staying at my boyfriend's house while he was at work, and put on his pants to make some tea. As I took my hot tea and laptop upstairs, the pants slowly started to fall down. I had to keep climbing with my pants around my knees, and shuffle awkwardly past my boyfriend's father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 888
You deserved it 8 669

Bullet4MyChemaMo tells us more.

Hi guys, it's OP! Didn't expect this to get published. 1. I meant trousers, not underwear. In Ireland, pants almost never means underwear. (Ireland is very different to the UK in terms of grammar use, vocabulary etc.) For the record, I was wearing underwear too! 2. I'm very, very close to my boyfriend's family as we've been together for a long time, and it's not unusual for me to chill in his house while he's at work. I feel completely at home there, as I am expected to by his family. When this FML happened, I had been asleep after staying over, and lazily threw on my boyfriend's sweatpants to go downstairs. 3. I was actually trying (and failing) to multitask by holding almost-boiling tea, my laptop, blankets, and a pair of shoes. The positioning of the objects in my arms made it physically impossible for me to set it all on the floor and pick it back up, and BF's dad had already seen everything by the time I would've pulled my pants up. Everyone laughed about it after the initial embarrassment wore off, thankfully we all see the funny side!

Top comments

That's when you put the tea and laptop down and slowly pull your pants back up.

Next time maybe set the laptop and tea on one of the stairs, haul the pants up, pick up your things, and then keep going to avoid having to walk past his father like that

Comments

YDI for being at your boyfriends house w

Just that much easier to tea bag them.

dakotaabriannee 14

That's pretty awkward but also funny.

Now they both have something to recollect during alone time.

Your boyfriend will not let you forgot this.

Attacksloth 33

FYL, but you could have set your laptop down. Or be less ambitious with what you carry. Take two trips?

chef4money 12

Do you usually make yourself that at home in some one else's home? I can only hope you were wearing underwear, that is the only reason that I think tea and a laptop could have overridden putting the stuff down to pull up your pants.

given she was there with her boyfriends parents whilst he was at work, i think its pretty reasonable she feels comfortable & makes herself at home there.

It's all good, the boyfriends dad got a laugh out of it and didn't scare the crap out of you.

that's true love and family acceptance

first off no tea or laptop is worth that much embarrassment. I would have gladly taken a second trip to pick them up after going to fix myself. second off I'm guessing it's not your boyfriends house if his dad is walking around freely so I wouldn't think it's a good idea for you to be there while he isn't home anyways.

i dont think she'd be there freely walking around if it wasnt okay with the boyfriends parents that she be there. some couples and their parents are okay with this sort of arrangement.

Hey, it's OP. Why on earth would you think it's a bad idea for me to be at my boyfriend's house while he's not there? These people are my future in-laws, and I love them as much as I love my own family. Also, I was holding shoes and blankets as well as the laptop and tea. The positioning of the objects made it impossible for me to set them down and pick them back up. I've explained that in another comment :)