By Bullet4MyChemaMo - 24/04/2015 22:38 - Ireland - Cork

Today, I was staying at my boyfriend's house while he was at work, and put on his pants to make some tea. As I took my hot tea and laptop upstairs, the pants slowly started to fall down. I had to keep climbing with my pants around my knees, and shuffle awkwardly past my boyfriend's father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 888
You deserved it 8 669

Bullet4MyChemaMo tells us more.

Hi guys, it's OP! Didn't expect this to get published. 1. I meant trousers, not underwear. In Ireland, pants almost never means underwear. (Ireland is very different to the UK in terms of grammar use, vocabulary etc.) For the record, I was wearing underwear too! 2. I'm very, very close to my boyfriend's family as we've been together for a long time, and it's not unusual for me to chill in his house while he's at work. I feel completely at home there, as I am expected to by his family. When this FML happened, I had been asleep after staying over, and lazily threw on my boyfriend's sweatpants to go downstairs. 3. I was actually trying (and failing) to multitask by holding almost-boiling tea, my laptop, blankets, and a pair of shoes. The positioning of the objects in my arms made it physically impossible for me to set it all on the floor and pick it back up, and BF's dad had already seen everything by the time I would've pulled my pants up. Everyone laughed about it after the initial embarrassment wore off, thankfully we all see the funny side!

Top comments

That's when you put the tea and laptop down and slowly pull your pants back up.

Next time maybe set the laptop and tea on one of the stairs, haul the pants up, pick up your things, and then keep going to avoid having to walk past his father like that

Comments

I'd love to hear what his dad had to say about it, could be interesting...

Today, my son's girlfriend awkwardly gyrated and slithered by me with her pants at her ankles. FML

What's even funnier about this is that in the British Isles (not sure if the Éire counts for this as well though), is that pants means underwear.

Hey, it's OP. Over here, pants almost never means underwear. That's a British thing, and we're not British.

KrazyKatz3 26

I think they meant when reading this they imagined you in his boxers and that was funmy

That sounds funny. Hopefully he's not a creap

why does every one always seem to think the dad might be a creep. If this happened in my home, we would just be chill and laugh about it later.

gintwinsmoore 20

sorry for this #19, but *creep*.

Why weren't you wearing your own pants or skirt, especially in someone else's home? YDI

Reading this in England and seeing you're from Ireland...what classes as "pants"?

That crossed my mind too. I assumed track pants. I hope.

This FML is the most harmless, people are getting their homework stolen and shit.

clearly staying over at your boyfriend's parents home while he's gone and using their kitchen kinda tells you that they're all close so I don't know why people are getting worked up over this, it's funny, FYL.

Please tell us you mean pants as in "trousers", not as in "underwear".

As soon as I read "put on my BF's pants to make some tea" I was like "dis bitch is from Cork!" We after all are the one town in the world where girls wear their PJs to school with no shame, and tea is the drink of the Gods (Barry's Tea tho).

gintwinsmoore 20

It's called put that shit down and pull up your pants, OP! YDI!