By Marmarfarfar - 07/05/2013 16:43 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I was reading and started laughing at a funny part in my book. My mom then bitched me out because she thought I was laughing at her. She called me a liar after I explained myself. Her logic? "Books aren't funny". FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 254
You deserved it 4 030

Marmarfarfar tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here! I enjoyed reading all the comments, and I am happy to know I'm not the only one to laugh or cry when reading a good book. Just wanted to say that I am not from an up tight family, me and my brother had been picking on my mom all day making jokes. I was just around her at a bad time and she thought I was still laughing at her, so I might actually deserve this one. :)

Top comments

#11 kinda cranky, no? Who peed in your Cheerios?

Comments

Nobody who's ever read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would ever say that.

I really wish that this was comment #42... :(

Just a few minutes too late... So close.

All moms want to do is bitch. I think it makes them feel like they have control or something. Honestly i kinda wanna cut my moms tongue so she can only bitch through mime gestures. I feel like that would be entertaining.

idlechaos 6

Fifty Shades of Gray is an errotic novel inspired from Twilight. It also made a shit ton of money. Logic isn't the least bit flawed.

Op's mom is not that bright in the head is she?

Then I guess joke books are meant to be taken seriously.

DorkAlert 10

I'm so glad that most people on this fml aren't idiots. Many of you actually read. Im glad people still enjoy reading with everything else that is out there.

Take the high road. She has clearly the short end of the deal, as she doesn't experience joy in reading.

I honestly feel bad that some people don't have an appreciation for lit. It can be so moving, hilarious, inspiring, or tragically upsetting. Just because it's not a movie or a tv show doesn't mean it can't evoke emotion. OP, FYL :/