By Marmarfarfar - 07/05/2013 16:43 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I was reading and started laughing at a funny part in my book. My mom then bitched me out because she thought I was laughing at her. She called me a liar after I explained myself. Her logic? "Books aren't funny". FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 254
You deserved it 4 030

Marmarfarfar tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here! I enjoyed reading all the comments, and I am happy to know I'm not the only one to laugh or cry when reading a good book. Just wanted to say that I am not from an up tight family, me and my brother had been picking on my mom all day making jokes. I was just around her at a bad time and she thought I was still laughing at her, so I might actually deserve this one. :)

Top comments

#11 kinda cranky, no? Who peed in your Cheerios?

Comments

I'm sorry that your mom appears to be both paranoid AND an idiot. That's a tough break, OP.

Tell your dumb ass mother that trashy novels don't count as books

The_F3rris 11

"Bella" and "Edward" are just "Buffy" and "Angel" from Buffy the vampire slayer. Even down to Edward/Angels gravity defying hair.

Maybe she's never had the chance to read funny books. Although I imagine she may not react well to being given a recommendation...

Tell her to take a look; it's in a book.

....your mother may have just had a "derp" moment, or is stressed. :) it's understandable.

hateevryone 14

Lmao!! Your mother doesn't read.

Sounds like youre matilda and your parents are danny devito! Its sad people dont enjoy books.

#78 I... I never noticed this before... Thank you random citizen.

Bella is no where near as bad ass as buffy.