By Marmarfarfar - 07/05/2013 16:43 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I was reading and started laughing at a funny part in my book. My mom then bitched me out because she thought I was laughing at her. She called me a liar after I explained myself. Her logic? "Books aren't funny". FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 254
You deserved it 4 030

Marmarfarfar tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here! I enjoyed reading all the comments, and I am happy to know I'm not the only one to laugh or cry when reading a good book. Just wanted to say that I am not from an up tight family, me and my brother had been picking on my mom all day making jokes. I was just around her at a bad time and she thought I was still laughing at her, so I might actually deserve this one. :)

Top comments

#11 kinda cranky, no? Who peed in your Cheerios?

Comments

masonbain93 9

She needs smacked with the book, then laugh about it after and tell her it was funny.

I feel sorry for people that can't enjoy a good book.

.... And now we all are laughing at her ...

prove her wrong, try and get her to read your favorite book

That's assuming OP's favorite book is funny. Her fave could be 50 shades ....

I think the best part of Twilight is the realisation that whilst Stephenie Meyer attempted to write fluffy vampire romance and has all the writing skill of... well, Stephenie Meyer, she's basically written a shitty supernatural version of Wuthering Heights. All the main characters are douchebags, anyone with any sense is ignored, the female lead is selfish as hell, and their brainless actions lead to horrors inflicted upon the next generation. I mean, RenameMe is going to grow up spoilt as hell and expected to marry her mother's ex-boyfriend; her therapist is going to wind up one of the richest people in Washington. It's even more hilarious when you realise that Meyer thinks Wuthering Heights is also a romance. Yeah, it's really... not...

bigtaytay 13

The compilation of the words inside them are, so I see where you're coming from Negative Nancy.

Read Catch 22 or Candide. I cracked up with those two.

Or, read "John Dies at the End" and his next book "This Book is Full Of Spiders: Seriously Dude, Dont Touch It!"..... They are both hilarious, and a fun way to waste time till the book club sends you your next batch of books.... When you've read those, come back and lets see if you're still singing that tune.

You've been reading the wrong books then.

Bunny21 11

Are you kidding!!! Books are some of The most intense things out there. It's very sad when people disregard this so easily.