By offended - 07/04/2009 06:15 - United States

Today, I was putting the finishing touches on my portrait of a young boy in art class. I asked my teacher if she could help correct the bad parts of my portrait. She said, "Well that would take all day and I just don't have the time." She was serious. I thought this was my best work yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 441
You deserved it 48

Top comments

maxson_fml 0
deliciouskaek 1

She shouldn't be teaching if she isn't going to be more constructive with her criticisms. =/

Comments

lym777 0

It really depends on your level. Grade school, wow, she's a cruel harpy. High school, yeah, still pretty mean. College? You should probably get used to it if you want to enter the art world. Plus, in what world is it ok to ask someone busier and more skilled than you to "correct" your artwork? And why would you want her to? If she's correcting it for you then it's not really your art anymore anyway - so it no longer matters how good or bad it is. If you just wanted her verbal comments on what was working and what wasn't, then that's different.

DeeJayD 0

Your teacher's a bitch and should not be saying that kind of stuff. I'd suggest reporting that kind of comment to whoever handles complaints.

Well guess you can cross "artist" off of your list of possible professions! I really don't think this is a FML. Luckily you found out that you are a bad artist sooner rather than later!

Art takes a lot of time and work. It's dumb to just give up because someone said you had a lot of mistakes, if that was how it worked there would be no artists.

If she doesn't have the time to teach then why is she a teacher? I'm kind of in the same situation. Art school. Shitty drawing instructors who think they're the best and every student sucks, yet they don't bother actually teaching anything and think that being critcal (NOT constructively) is going to help.

lol, i have a bitchy art teacher too, she says my work is "fabulouse", then says i should touch up- in other words re-do i feel 4 u

ilikepie383 0

Well then you should have asked for her help BEFORE you finished it. Don't be so stupid next time, the teacher is there to help you through the process. You can't just ignore them and then expect them to help you right at the end. Also, at least she was been honest with you, if she lied to you all the time you'd think you were great, then once you got into the real world you'd realise you were crap and that you'd wasted your time. Get over it, it's better to have that pain now rather than later.

eeee93757 0

Just because it's your best doesn't mean it's good. Boo hoo, she didn't sugar coat it for you...well, your piece SUCKED so get over it and move on...try to make a better one next time instead of whining about this!

LAXer9393 0

she sounds like she's really close-minded. if your happy with it, than that's what matters. unless your in an art school.. then other peoples' opinions would matter.

Heh, once agian, people talking while they got jack shit in their brains when it comes to stuff like this. For all you people thinking, "I'm the artist, so clearly I know my vision the best, thus if I think my work is good, it's good," it's time for a reality check. Art is a brutal cut-throat world where the piece you put (in my case) over 30 hours into, only to have it verbally torn to pieces, not only by your teacher, but by a third of the class is normal. Any good art student should know that listening to critique is the most important part of being an artist, and if you can't even get past that, then you don't deserve to use the tools in your hands.