By offended - 07/04/2009 06:15 - United States

Today, I was putting the finishing touches on my portrait of a young boy in art class. I asked my teacher if she could help correct the bad parts of my portrait. She said, "Well that would take all day and I just don't have the time." She was serious. I thought this was my best work yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 441
You deserved it 48

Top comments

maxson_fml 0
deliciouskaek 1

She shouldn't be teaching if she isn't going to be more constructive with her criticisms. =/

Comments

dezzr 0

see now this is what i dont get about "art school". my gf goes to pratt in bk and i think its one big joke. how can someone grade YOUR art. its yours and how you interpid what you see or would like to see. i just think its a slap in the face to my gf and other students when teachers like this shoot down your art because its not their way to draw or pant something. F him/her, im sure it looked good.

Icalasari 0

#54: Oh yeah. So let me guess, a stick person is a piece of art?

No art is ever perfect. My art teacher likes to say that without willpower, artists would spent lifetimes on a single piece, perfecting every detail, and still die feeling they've produced an ugly painting.

It was rude of her to snub you like that. But sometimes you can feel you've done well at something because you see it as you tried to do it, then come back a day later and see all the obvious glaring flaws. Or that happens to me, anyway. And your teacher doesn't go through the first step as it wasn't her who did it, so she saw the mistakes straight off.

my art teacher in hs told me the same thing about a picture of justin from motion city soundtrack, and im like if i shade in his face anymore he'll look black, hes white, and he already looked inbetween there, i was going to submit it as fan art not anymore, her input was unneccisary...

I ******* hated art class in school. My teachers were always such bitches. They should encourage your art, not criticize it. Art is personal, yours, and if you think it's beautiful, then it is.

Electrolight_fml 0

Oh well, you're not that good at art... not the end of the world mate

just because it was a piece of shit doens't mean it wasn't your best :)

Finger_fungus 0

She's just being an art teacher :). Not her fault there were some mistakes. And if I paid for art classes with teachers who only complimented my work then I wouldn't learn at all. Besides, there could've been a lot of variables that we don't know so we've got no right to say what went wrong in the drawing.