By gaiakirkland - 15/02/2014 11:18 - Italy - Pompiano

Today, I was on a date, when I suddenly choked on my own saliva and coughed so hard that I passed out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 266
You deserved it 5 157

gaiakirkland tells us more.

To the ones asking if he stayed at least until I woke up, or if I had good luck, let's say that besides being my crush, he's a friend of mine so obviously he stayed, and agreed to go out again, so hopefully next time I won't pass out. For the one that says she can swallow since she was born, thank you very much dear, I suppose you can also walk since you were 1 and you still trip over your own feet sometimes :)

Top comments

JMichael 25

That's some bad luck OP! Hopefully your date doesn't take it badly and gives you another chance.

Comments

Well did he stay by your side? If so he's a keeper...

I've choked on my own spit on numerous occasions before and I always hate when that happens.

tunti 11

On the bright side, if you guys get married this will be just a funny first date story!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think fate is trying to give you a sign..

You really must be something else if you took your own breath away!

TabooSushi 24

I like how people act as if they've never once swallowed a liquid of some sort and just had it go down wrong, through no fault of their own. The same thing can happen with saliva just as easily as it could with a beverage or anything else, it happens to me once in a while. Shit just happens. FYL, OP, I hope your date wasn't a jerk about it and at least stayed with you until you regained consciousness.