By ScottishLad1 - 01/09/2011 15:24 - United Kingdom

Today, I was mugged by three guys. I fought back, and knocked one down. This made them angry, so they stole my clothes as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 921
You deserved it 3 761

ScottishLad1 tells us more.

This was mine, just made this account to explain. I was walking home at about 2 in the morning from a night out, and these three guys just walked up demanding everything. I had been drinking so I wasn't going to say yes, and you know the rest. Thank God no one was there.

Top comments

That's why everyone should know the art of psycho! Go all crazy on em and scare the crap out of em. Trust me... it's pretty easy to make them think twice by acting insane.

Or you can start urinating. People don't usually know what to respond to that so they just go away.

Comments

LiveLaughFML 10

that cashmere sweater was soo last season, anyway! ;)

Hey kudos on not being afraid to fight back and knocking on of them on there ass. I applaud you :D

phil139 1
Egnar 19

In retrospect was it worth it, probably not. I've been training [and teaching] in Martial Arts for about 9 years now, not in a watered down "here is your black belt in 2 years" kind of establishment". I actually feel very comfortable with my self-defense abilities. Frankly you have hindsight on your side in the fact that even fighting back you still escaped without being killed but you didn't know that BEFORE the encounter. Even with my background and how comfortable I feel being able to Subdue somebody in a 1v1 environment and having some training in 2v1 as well as 3v1 situations I don't know if I'd even bother to try. If 3 people came up to me wanting whatever items I have on me I have to account for 3 people who possibly have hidden weapons and 2 people jumping on me while I attempt to subdue a single person. Sure I could use a line maneuver to make it closer to a 1v1 but that movie shit hardly works in real life. I've learned over the years that even with $150 in cash, $50 in gift cards, my debit/credit/metro cards it's not worth my life to not just hand these things over to somebody. Best case scenario you may get lucky like you did and only lose your shirt/pants as well. Worse case scenario the $300+time spent canceling cards isn't worth the life you just lost.

I should get an FML badge for reading all of that.

That was just ridiculous buddy, I'm sure no one needed to hear that lol.

Egnar 19

You're not forced to read it - Sorry for not coming up with some awful pun like everyone else who thinks they're original. . .

i was going to thumb you down for the novel of a comment but it was so long my phone wouldnt show the thumbs up/down button /:

Egnar 19

I keep forgetting FML readers have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Egnar, I actually really appreciate your comment. I can relate to it 100%. Don't listen to them.

I have grown to accept Edgar's really long comments. I just believe he could shorten it up if he wanted to. I don't believe that's going to happen however.

Egnar 19

I could shorten my comments but when trying to I realize I end up leaving out details that I take for granted and people call me out on. I'd rather be called out for a long comment and be ignored by the less mature FML readers and be able to have decent feedback from FML readers who enjoy reading short stories - I know those are really the only comments I choose to read, the puns get old after awhile - Plus I make some cool friends along the way that PM me support.

Egnar, your distaste for puns offends me, sir.

Egnar 19

Your offense for my distaste of puns perturbs me.

austin0023 0

No one cares that you've trained in martial arts get over yourself buddy

Egnar 19

That's not the point of my comment - I imagine your ADD gave you a "TL;DR" mentality and you thought you'd be cool only commenting on the first sentence. But it's cool buddy.

sxe_beast 11

I feel like your comment was unnecessarily long. Really. For the first 2/3 you were basically repeating the same thing. You could have easily said: "Despite the time spent I've spent training in martial arts I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to defend my self against 3 people. I would rather just hand over the money I have because it's not worth my life. Be thankful that you weren't killed". Or something along those lines. You going out of your way to make a comment really long and then angrily retaliating towards anyone speaking out against your extremely redundant comment is troll-like.

the fact that you use words like perturb and hearty, plus I thought you were a girl because of your pic., makes you LAME!

the fact that you use words like perturb and hearty, plus I thought you were a girl because of your pic., makes you LAME!

tweetypie 18
kawaiianime 5

I don't think anyone really gives a shit about your life.

That0therguy 4

I think it's ok to make such a long comment, that is if you are prepared to get crapped on by all those people that like to tear at anyone they can, for a reason I cannot explain except that now a lot of people's character is really bad these days.

I enjoyed your comment. It was sensible and well written (actually I'm just happy to have found a readable comment). Also I quite like your elitism. :-)

the fact that you use words like perturb and hearty, plus I thought you were a girl because of your pic., makes you LAME!

97 - You don't even have a picture. Too ugly even a momma couldn't love your face? Thought so.

What an interesting point. Could have prob been summed up in a one liner comment like "dude... 3 on 1? Your an idiot..."... Or something. Just sayin is all.

tjv3 10

see that's what is wrong with the world today, too many people just "laying down" or giving up and willing to "take it up the a$$". yes 3 to 1 is crazy but if everyone stood up for themselves them people wouldn't be as inclined to rob another person. robbery is just a game of odds, as in the odds are most will not fight back so it is just easy pickings. also if you have had 9 years of "real" training then you would have more faith in your abilities. hell I have been in martial arts for only 3 years and I know I can take at least 2 others on . in fact we spar regularly with 2 against one. I personally think that you are confusing karate class at the Y for real training lol just saying...

TheIllusionist 0

He's got a point I've done 6 years and I've handled real world 3 on 1 Line manuever works by the way, you just have to get the weakest guy in front. If all else fails, you could push the weak guy at the strong guy and run

bigguy123456 2

As well as that is a touching story, karate is gay and is on used in defense where seal training teaches you how to attack and make the first move so that you can quickly turn a 3v1 into a 2v1 then down to a 1v1 in a couple of minutes or less. So seals lead the way hoyah.

ReynshineCutting 10

Or just carry a gun. Problem solved.

That's really bitch, stealing clothes is worse then rape in some places! Or maybe it's the other way around o.O

sematariux 7

"Naked street wrestling" the new urban sport

"Negs naked street wrestling" I can see it already!