By wallet? GONE - 21/04/2013 22:27 - United States - Pueblo

Today, I was mugged by a street preacher. The same one who'd earlier in the day screamed at me for being an evil sinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 690
You deserved it 3 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he wanted to take judgement into his own hands? Or maybe it was a facade so he could later catch you off guard. No one suspects the priests.

courtney680 17

Comments

Laurenlou 24

There are many false preachers. This guy would be one of those false preachers, OP!

Religion is steeped in hypocrisy and lies. Perhaps this guy is just trying to teach you a lesson. DTA, brother... Don't Trust Anyone! Especially those who claim to hold the key to your salvation.

You all can dislike this as many times as you'd like. If you don't agree with it, you've obviously never studied world religion :-) All men are corruptible, especially those put into positions of power. Kind of like politicians! Ha

Correction:We as people are the problem, we have hypocrisy we have brought to religion. Religion, itself, is not "steeped in lies," that kind of blanket statement will get the down votes.

Religion is steeped in lies. Read a book that isn't a holy text and educate yourself. People have brought hypocrisy to religion, hence my statement about religion being full of hypocrisy. Religion is an idea, or a belief as most would call it. Ideas can be hypocritical. If religion is man made and man is hypocritical, religion is hypocritical.

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, I'm just sayin. No person of any religion really knows if the god they follow is real... Believing in something doesn't make it true. I think the fake preacher was trying to prove a point about religion. Any religious group may have great intentions, but any group of people with the power those in churches have are sometimes the least trustworthy people.

There are many hypocritical people who take part of a religion, but that doesn't necessarily make religion itself hypocritical. For example, Christians are commanded to love others and become the servants of the world, but many like to say they follow God without following any of His commandments, all the while judging everyone else.

That there is an excellent example!

I get what you're saying but the entire foundation of Christianity is hypocritical. Everything that is considered a sin by Christian standards are inherent in people by nature. They set their own god up as the only entity capable of pardoning everyone's "sins." Gambling is considered a sin but God gambled with the devil over Job. If god sins but we can't.... ? .... Smells like hypocrisy to me.

On an unrelated note... Anyone wanna speculate on how the Chargers are gonna do this season? Lol. GO BOLTS!

ehhhm i will guess that the chargers will do better than the raiders but worse than most other teams :p very precise speculation if I do say so myself.

Catholicism says to love everybody like your brother or sister and to treat them equal, was a major player in the slave trade.

I haven't read anything in the Bible that said that gambling was a sin. Foolish, perhaps, but not sinful. And it's not gambling if you know the outcome. Therefore, God, being all knowing, was not gambling over Job. Kinda makes you wonder why Satan would even bother, huh? And I think, even if God was gambling, there are things in the story of Job that are far more troubling.

Knowing the outcome of an event prior to the bet is still gambling... as well as cheating. Which I believe is also frowned upon. That's strike two for god!

kyu_Q 19

Nice lively debate. Yes I agree that there are hipocrytes in religion. The idea of religion itself is not hipocrytical. Man has corrupted the ideas and the message for his own gain. There is that instance when Christ went into the temple and smashed the gambling tables and chased the gamblers out. But it can be argued that it was because they had "made my Fathers house into a den of thieves". Most of the things that can lead us to ruin, morally and otherwise are considered sinful. Gambling leads to greed and even murder. With Job God was not actually cheating because the devil was the one who made the bet. Devil : " bet I can get Job to curse you" God: " I know you can't ( points to self,) all knowing. Duh Its not Yur fault if some one makes a bet with you that you I ow you cant lose

kyu_Q 19

*Your* damn almost made it to the end without an error

fatcow282 8

In job God was makimg a point that his servant loved him for who he was that what he gave him. I am christian and i dont believe in religion. For me religion is the belief in God made into a society among men. For me its a relationship between a living God. And for the fact of it being true well i say when u seen people infont if u being healed and demons coming out of people, some people knowing things they had no way of knowing u start to realise they is something there more the religion and opinion

hunter7614 3

On the street, he spreads the good news. Without a pulpit, flock or pews. A miracle is in his mind, to change your wallet into wine.

Well we're all an evil sinner now and then.

It's not like school is already hell or anything...

Mugged by a preacher!? He's not a real preacher..

BellaBelle_fml 23

45, 72 is correct. Think of it like this, the church is a state, the pastor is the governor, the congregation represents the residents, and the tithing is the state tax. Just like a state needs funds for all of its projects and expenses, so does a church. How do you think churches pay for everything that is needed for a church to function? There is so much more that is needed to make the church run than a lot of people think; heating and A/C, lighting, hot water, alarm systems, sound equipment, maintenance and janitorial supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, other paper products for potlucks and other events such as funerals, coffee and creamers, office supplies, Sunday School curriculum, gifts for special events such as a baptism or dedication, the grape juice and crackers used in communion, supporting missionaries, paying for hotel rooms for evangelists or a singing group, and the Pastor's salary.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I have never been to a church that does that. Although, it does happen, unfortunately. But those who do that are typically tv preachers and some corrupted ministers in the church. A true minister of God would not pressure or condemn their congregation into paying tithes and offerings.

Just start talking to them in tongues! It will either send them running or draw a crowd that thinks you're a street performer. Either way it's a win!

yuup96 11

I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches.

Yeah he isn't a real Christian then... Just a wackadoodle who likes the scream at random people