By TheHeirofTime - 31/05/2016 20:45 - United States - Marlborough

Today, I was messaging a nice guy. He sent a picture of himself and asked for one back. Shortly after my picture sent, he blocked me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 154
You deserved it 1 364

TheHeirofTime tells us more.

Top comments

He simply realized you were so far out of his league that he might as well not even attempt it. At least, that's what I tell myself every time it happens to me...

Sorry about that OP, but obviously he wasn't worth it, you definitely dodged a bullet there.

Comments

Sorry about that OP, but obviously he wasn't worth it, you definitely dodged a bullet there.

Just because the person didn't find OP attractive doesn't mean the person isn't worth it and OP dodged a bullet. Everyone is always so sensitive these days. Is it that shallow to say looks are important?

Obviously looks matter, just pointing out the fact that OP was blocked. Blocked because their looks mattered to so much of a point that nothing else did. So yes in this case it is shallow, and they are better without him.

Are you seriously saying you find it acceptable to block a person you're talking to just because you don't find them attractive? Would a little "sorry, but I don't think you're my type, have a nice day" hurt that much?

It is one thing to not want a physical relationsip with a person you don't find attractive. It's a whole 'nother can of worms to refuse any further interaction whatsoever with a person based solely on looks. Not even a, ''No, thanks.''

It's not fair that ugly and fat people don't get equal consideration as those who aren't. Beauty is a social construct, jerkbreath

"A nice guy". Don't worry OP. You're better off without him in your life.

He simply realized you were so far out of his league that he might as well not even attempt it. At least, that's what I tell myself every time it happens to me...

Mathalamus 24

its the default theory for me as well. well, that, and i am a natural asshole. :P

nonsensical 26

Is it something worth being proud of to be a natural asshole? And how natural do you mean? I imagine you literally being an anus

Mathalamus 24

considering that im at peace, after accepting both good and bad aspects of myself... well, im not really proud of my status of Emperor Asshole, but, its still a part of who i am. i can be less of an asshole. much less. but doing that doesn't make it me, or my native personality. its expensive to run non-native personality aspects, with no real reward.

There's no easy way to put this OP, but he might've been a douche in disguise.

Hey, I moderated this On a side note, there are plenty of fish in the sea, keep searching and good luck OP

NoThanks999 19

You may be pretty. he probably thought your toes looked creepy as shit and didn't wanna **** with that

burgermike92 17

The only thing I can think of #8 may be referring to is a movie called Shallow Hal. A guy in the movie (not Hal) ghosted a girl he was dating cos he had issues. He blamed it on her weird toes. Idk. Just guessing tho.

Hey OP, maybe drop some details so people stop assuming them?

Or it could be from Veronica Mars. Dick gets married in Vegas in the third season and he wants a divorce because his new wife's toes creep him out.

NoThanks999 19

I've never seen that, #53. Nor have I seen that, #40

Hopefully you weren't nekkid in the photo, then it'd be a YDI. If you just exchanged selfies and he blocked you he's not a nice guy. Don't let this discourage you!

What about showing my dates my baby photos? I was a wild child and into streaking from a young age. You know, feel the wind against my skin and all the flapping of my various body parts. It was glorious. Actually, not much has changed since then, but I digress.

Alas, in this century, you get busted for child pornography for sharing baby photos of you streaking at 4.

Have you tried getting out and meeting people instead of doing so on-line? Maybe a friend knows someone they can set you up with (my fiancé is one of my best friend's brother) or you can take a class and meet people there...

What's wrong with on-line dating? I met my long term partner on OkCupid

There is nothing wrong with online dating. Your relationship is not better just because you met through friends or wherever else. Seriously, what's the difference between meeting a random stranger in a class then going on a date, vs meeting a random stranger online then going on a date? Either way your relationship still starts out the same way, as strangers that don't really know each other. Meeting online is not bad or shameful. 1 in 4 relationships begin online, and it's increasing. It can be a lot easier to get to know someone online first then go on a date when you know you are compatible vs going on dates to find out if you're compatible. It's also a lot easier for introverts, like myself, where conversing online is easier and where social interaction with unknown people can be uncomfortable. I met my boyfriend online, Plenty of Fish to be exact. He's the best guy I've ever known and dated, sweet, caring, respectful and smart. He treats me better than anyone I've ever known. We're basically exactly the same in almost every way. We're very compatible and I got to know all this because I met and talked to him online first. We're celebrating our 1 year anniversary today.

If you meet someone online you know for sure they can afford a computer, as Edna krabapple would say.

Suaria 38

My dad's brother so my uncle and his wife, my aunt met online. They have now been together for almost 10 years and pretty happy from what I've gathered from my aunt. My point is online dating can work for some people but not everyone. However there is an increase of people meeting online and starting to date.

I completely agree. I too met my boyfriend on POF, and after many failed dates with the wrong people I finally met him and knew from the get go that things would go well. On our first date we sat there talking for hours, whereas I'm normally quite shy around new people. My sister set me up on a blind date with her boyfriend's best mate, and he was pretty much the same person as my sister's boyfriend. They thought we would go well together but we most definitely did not. It was incredibly awkward and I didn't know much about him at all, it didn't help that my sister wanted it to be a double date and took us to a noisy bowling alley. Anyone my friends or family tried to set me up with ended up being the complete opposite of someone I would get on with. Online dating helped me find someone with similar interests. We've been together 7 months now and it's a lot better than my previous experiences. Yes there are some weirdos, but those are everywhere.

lover2413 11

I wouldn't feel too bad it's happened to me before too, but it turned out that's just all the creep wanted.

FalloutScrolls 25

That's the kind of cruel that karma puts people in the express lane for.