By Syferix - 18/03/2009 22:42 - United States

Today, I was leaving to go over to a friend's and my parents suddenly ask if I'm gay. I reply that no, I'm bisexual. My mom then asks if I've ever made out with someone of the same sex and I say yes. She turns to my dad and says 'I told you so. You owe me $20'. My parents bet on my sexuality. FML
I agree, your life sucks 110 645
You deserved it 27 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fail_truck 0

Your parents are awesome. Lol.

#5 why is that terrible? His/her/whatever parents have a healthy view of sexuality (i.e., that it's completely trivial). I'm with 4 and 6. Would you rather their parents shun them for being gay/bi? Honestly, this is something my parents would do, and I would laugh along with them, because it's hilarious.

Comments

i could c my parents doing this, but after they would be like how could u do this my parents said that after i told them i was a lesbian

# 69: It would be an FML if being gay was a bad thing, but since it's not (only the uneducated, ignorant, bigoted, and narrow-minded wackos in society think it is - but who cares what they think) I think being gay is wrong, and i am not uneducated, ignorant, bigoted, and narrow-minded wacko. I just think it's not alright. Although I respect their choices, ie I am not whistling ang throwing rocks at gay parades.

So what... at least they didn't disown you...

I gotta say, speaking as a bisexual person whose parents were firmly not cool with it, that there ARE worse things that could happen...nonetheless, it still sucks that they saw your sexuality as something to bet on :|

#74: Sorry, but you are everything that you claim not to be, you just don't act on your views. OP: Your parents put you in a awkward situation, but they're cool. They accept you for who you are, which is much more than a lot of parents would do.

I'm bi and when I told my parents they didn't believe me, they think either you're gay or straight. And I consider this not too bad a reaction. #74: You really did just prove you're everything you claim not to be. Your definition of respect is really just not breaking the law and committing hate crimes by assaulting gay pride parades with rocks. Respect is more than just admitting that a segment of the population exists and is different from you, it's embracing that difference and acknowledging through law that they deserve the same freedoms as everyone else. What you call respect is merely tolerance. The two should not be confused. All people were created equal. All people should have equal rights. To be able to live my life freely, the way that I choose, now THAT is true respect.

HomeBurger 0

Yeah, it must suck being the kind of person who feels he needs to recap a short paragraph in the last sentence.

That's awesome. I wish my parents would just ask me.