By doctorchick - 12/08/2009 00:58 - United States

Today, I was late for a medical school seminar and test. An SUV flipped over on the highway right in front of me. I held pressure to gushing, lacerated artery until EMS arrived. He lived, but I might have to repeat the whole year because I missed a big test. The test? Emergency response medicine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 294
You deserved it 3 055

Top comments

I am sorry it ended up screwing you over but what you did was so cool. Think about how many lives you helped by saving that one person. Who knows how many people would have been devastated if that person died. Parents, siblings, SO, children, friends, etc... lives would have been forever changed if you hadn't been a hero today. I'm proud of you.

Comments

Can't you get the police or EMS to verify you were trying to save someone's life? :(

**** med school, you don't need it, you are a super-hero! Save the tuition and invest in a cape and a mask and some flattering tights. Start interviewing potential sidekicks. Seriously though, I doubt you'll have much trouble getting another chance on this test. Your prof ought to pat himself on the back that you correctly applied what he taught you.

She's not whining, she's upset she might have to re-take the class if the school board doesn't let her take the test after her heroic deed.

I think karma was drunk whilst doing that to you.

If he lived it was a good decision with a great outcome.

I feel your pain. no good deed goes unpunished

Go to the paramedics and get them to write down what you did. It might convince your professor (or the dean) to let you retake the exam. It might even count for a few extra points.

Appeal this to the highest authority at your med school- even the board of directors if you have to. If that fails, inform your local news about it. This is the kind of story about injustice that news stations and papers latch on to. You need to shame your school into realizing what jerks they are. Also, you're a really good person for what you did.

This is like the fifth time this EXACT story has been on this site.

Brooklynxman 0

Yeah have 'em call up, the guy who's life you saved should be grateful enough to tell them the truth once he regains consci.......wakes up (I can spell wakes up)