By doctorchick - 12/08/2009 00:58 - United States

Today, I was late for a medical school seminar and test. An SUV flipped over on the highway right in front of me. I held pressure to gushing, lacerated artery until EMS arrived. He lived, but I might have to repeat the whole year because I missed a big test. The test? Emergency response medicine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 294
You deserved it 3 055

Top comments

I am sorry it ended up screwing you over but what you did was so cool. Think about how many lives you helped by saving that one person. Who knows how many people would have been devastated if that person died. Parents, siblings, SO, children, friends, etc... lives would have been forever changed if you hadn't been a hero today. I'm proud of you.

Comments

I think if you told them why you missed the test, they would gladly let you make it up. There's no way you'd be punished to repeat the year just because you acted what you were taught to do. I mean, in the end, would you rather repeat that one year or be held responsible for a man's life? You did good.

I dout you are a medical student, there were too many grammar mistakes.

If you can read the handwriting in any patient's chart you'll find grammar isn't a priority in most med schools. Doctor's grammar, sentence structure, and sometimes even basic English vocab sucks.

im sure the professor would understand if you brought a police report to itthat stated you were infact there and trying to save the person. who knows? maybe if you have a nice professor they will allow that to stand as your exam.

you're a hero, i hope great things happen for you.

Wololo 0

Contact the EMS people who were there and see if they'll vouch for you when you're explaining the situation to your professor/instructors. The fact that you pretty much saved someone's life should be legitimate-enough to at least earn you a rescheduling.

jsmith87 0

Yeah. I am sure someone can vouch for you. Like everyone else said, you are a hero.

Wow you just dont get that sort of irony in everyday life now

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Get the EMT to write up one of those letters of acheivement (or like, how the Scranton Police DEp. has one from bravery) or a letter of some sort of recommendation and send it to the head of the testing department. Bam! Almost as good as taking the test, which i assume is what you were implying to begin with