By coolkid111 - 27/03/2011 00:26 - United States

Today, I was going to my prom. My mom knows I want to drink so to prevent me, she made sure I took my prescription medicine before I left. I guess her way of stopping me from drinking is killing myself If I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 411
You deserved it 39 981

Same thing different taste

Comments

citrusGirl - what's in it for a guy to go to prom? really? tell me. most guys want to get laid after prom, ergo, no reason to spend the money in renting a tux and beyond; much easier to just a poker night with your best buds or go to one of various after-parties. spend a ton less money and have a great time.

The number of children (and yes, even if you *think* you are all grown up, you are children if you are in HS) in this country who are "responsible drinkers" can be counted on one hand. Chances are, it ain't you.

what a hag!!! u should have faked taking it!

hate to say it but she obviously doesn't trust you. see, what she did may have been a bit extreme but she could have also not allowed you to go to your party or to prom at all. my friend wasn't allowed to go to prom at out catholic high school because his extreme evangelical parents thought that he'd manage to get in trouble in a room full of angry old nuns (straight a student, never even talked back to his parents). so be glad your mom let you go at all, she just doesn't want to watch you get your stomach pumped or scrape you off the highway.

Egnar 19

In the end what did she really do? . . Make her take a medication she was supposed to be taking anyway?

not to keep harassing you, ideasrule, but being a homophobe is not equal to worrying about the safety of your children. to be honest the fact that you made such a bad comparison kind of proves that you're not responsible enough to drink if you couldn't even come up with a sensible argument. a lot of bad things can happen to you if you're drunk, not just alcohol poisoning. being even buzzed lowers your ability to judge and function significantly.

Sparkiee93 3

Today, my mommy made me take my medicine so I wouldn't do something illegal and dangerous. FML.

honestly that's kinda smart on her part :P

rum_fml 0

I think it was a good method. Got you to think twice about drinking didn't it?