By forever alone - 12/05/2013 21:09 - United Kingdom

Today, I was feeling down about being the only single person out of a group of eight friends. Out of desperation, I made up "Jonny", a hot fitness instructor whom I recently hooked up with. Now "Jonny" and I have been invited to a friends night out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 615
You deserved it 74 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Eliseopwns 22

Never lie to your friends about friends. It makes you lose your actual ones.

Good luck finding that hot fitness instructor.

Comments

Just tell them he broke it off with you because he only wanted a fling. And don't lie to your friends!! It can suck to be the only single one but there's nothing wrong with it - better to try and date someone you really like than anyone you can find who'll have you just so you're not alone. There are positives to single life too. Ask your girl friends if you can have a girls-only night out (or in) - they can do stuff without their boyfriends sometimes too!

You could just say he can't make it or it was a one night stand..

Just tell them you broke up because you found out that "Jonny" has herpes. That'll do it.

Never make up a significant other, it will always come around and bite you in the ass. Ydi.

Not always true, me and my imaginary boyfriend are currently going through a rough patch right now, but we have been together for a little over a year. Even though shoved four states away we still talk on Facebook when he's not working. lol BTW only made him up because a male friend of mine asked me to marry him out of the blue and would not take no for an answer.

Haven't you read enough FML's to learn that this NEVER works out? I guess not!

If they are your friends, they won't judge you for being single. You shouldn't put yourself under so much pressure. Being single is not a curse, it has a lot of advantages. Try Internet dating if you feel lonely. Or maybe your friends can fix you up with someone?

sammyjanette 17

How sad are you that you need a boyfriend to be happy? Be happy by yourself first, and then it will just come to you.

Exactly! If you need someone in your life to be happy then I'm afraid you have bigger issues. Anyways maintaining a relationship is a lot of work and its not always how you imagine it to be. I have friends in relationships who are miserable but are afraid to leave because of the consequences.

Just say Jonny walked the line until he fell into the burning ring of fire

Look, being single has benefits. A lot of them. So don't feel shy about it.