By richgirl - 25/02/2010 00:15 - United States

Today, I was doing takeout orders at the restaurant I work at. I spent a long while putting together this guy's $135.00 order. When he finally got there to pick it up, I told him to fill out the credit card slip. I looked at it after he left. He gave me a 40 cent tip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 150
You deserved it 4 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bubuchi3 0

most people i know don't leave tips when they order food to go, i guess coz most of the work put into it was done by the cooks, not the waiter/waitress. or something like that.

Comments

poeticpunk77 0

OP, no offense but unless you prepared that food yourself, then why should you get a tip? All you did was put it in bags and take money for the order. Guess what, I work in a grocery store and do the exact same thing and I don't get tips. So stop feeling entitled to a tip when you didn't do anything special or tip-worthy.

I used to waitress, and even I know you aren't supposed to tip on take out. Only if you are served or if the food is delivered to you.

Apprentice4Life 5

What kind of waitress were you? Must not of been a very good one.

Its a TAKEOUT order, YDI for assuming you deserve a huge tip. IMO take out orders are NO TIP. Do you tip at McDonald's? That would be comparable to a take out order at a restaurant IMO. YDI

thump_fml 0

135$ is a ton of takeout. I would leave a 5 spot minimum. People against tipping servers have other antisocial issues.

You should never expect a tip moron, you already get paid wages just do your job and quit whining. Besides you actually did receive a tip but it wasn't much.

I don't get why you guys should have tips? you are just doing your job like everybody else, I hate waites who expect tips.

kimbowee 0

I always tip my waiter/waitress when I have a meal in a restaurant. However, OP was packing take-out and wasn't waiting a table for an hour or delivering it to the customer. The customer actually came to pick it up. So, OP essentially put all the customer's stuff in a bag. Congratulations? I don't tip the people when I pick up my food at a Chinese restaurant or something.

Is 40% bad? I thought 10% was the standard.

OK, if anyone wants that moron who is content working min wage at the drive-thru, the one who doesn't understand things like ketsup and xtra napkins, to be their waiter for a lot xtra money on the bill, instead of a tip. go ahead. I do the job because I make good tip money, and I am very good at it. Take away tips and the chances of good service go down dramatically, with the bill going up substantially. Tip your server, stop being a cheap ass. If u can't tip, go to mcdonalds!