By Anonymous - 24/01/2011 00:22 - United States

Today, I was at my doctor's office. I thought I had a kidney stone. Turns out I'm pregnant and I have a kidney stone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 459
You deserved it 5 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I_R_Genius 3

Kidney stones are a bitch to pass, especially for guys. It hurts so bad, it's like the guy form or giving birth.

Comments

pwincessa23 1

this reminds me of the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" because there was a similar story. I'm sorry , OP. hope everything goes well with both the prgnancy & ur kidney stone.

OneLittleAdditio 9

my mom had kidney stones too! but the pain went away about two months into her pregnancy. My baby sister is now five months old and my mom still has no pain. :) Same thing happened to my aunt.

Damn, now this is an fml. But can't ultrasound break up some kidney stones? And hey, maybe you can see your baby. Two birds, one stone (but not your kind of stone)!

styphon 5

they can use "shock waves" from a lithotripsy device.

sorry to hear OP! best wishes! and congrats on the pregnancy!

chillinAK 9

Bad luck on the double slam. Never having a kidney stone, but watching countless others, including my husband, go through the agony, I think I'll skip that. Although, they are preventable. I've had gallstones throughout my last pregnancy. They couldn't do anything and I ended up in ICU for them. Don't know if it's comparable or not to having a kidney stone but I have empathy for you.

Good ******* job. Just be thankful that you aren't a guy with a kidneystone, although I assume birth has it's drawbacks as well.

aww I think you should call the baby Kidney Stone "last name" just as a reminder

aznmex21 3

f your life indeed......hope u n ur baby turn out ok

inglouriousbitch 0

I gave birth two months ago naturally, does a kidney stone feel like you're being ripped in half? Surely giving birth hurts worse.

Your ****** is meant to stretch to accommodate a mini-you, whereas a urethra isn't meant to stretch to accommodate a kidney stone.

pls don't say that I'm due in 6wks lol have had a kidney stone b4 and survived that so I hope what every1 is saying is true and childbirth easier coz the kidney stone was modern day torture lol

I'm reading this and am really glad that I'm not gonna have kids. I'd choose a kidney stone - you can get rid of it for once, you don't have to feed it and buy stuff for it, and you can keep it in a jar, too!

AME is right. The ****** is built for birthing. I am not saying it's easier but it is a more tolerable sort of pain. Maybe it's because women usually feel the outcome is worth it and are conditioned to believe they can handle it. Kidney stones are jagged and unexpected little lumps of evil tearing through a tiny canal. I don't know any woman who has experienced both pains that thinks childbirth was worse.