This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Hannah - 07/11/2017 22:00

Today, I wanted to ask a coworker on a date but he was out, so I left an invitation to drinks and an origami flower on his desk. Thirty minutes later, HR emailed me saying that such behavior is unacceptable and I may lose my job. Romance is officially illegal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 863
You deserved it 2 084

Top comments

It has been for a while It is illegal to do such a thing to a woman so of course it is illegal to do such things to men. Why do it during work time anyway? You are there to work, not pick up dates. Do that outside of work like a mature adult. You deserve it.

I'm pretty sure most jobs DON'T allow coworkers to date.

Comments

Were you ever informed of this policy? Granted, it's pretty common for most places, but if you weren't informed, they should just give you a warning before firing you. If you did know of the policy, however, well, oops.

Pretty sure people have to either have the rules gone over with a supervisor before being officially hired, or that they have to be given a written copy and sign something saying they read it and are aware of protocols before they can be scheduled. So, chances are pretty high that OP did know, because companies like covering their asses.

manb91uk 22

You’ve got that half wrong. Romance is dead, so the crime was workplace necrophelia. HR won’t like that

Most places don't care if it is among two employees on the same level. However, even if one perceives it to be inappropriate themselves and reports it then you are in trouble. Even someone else can say something outside of the two stating it makes them uncomfortable and there will be a problem. But a good rule of thumb is to not sleep around where you make your money lol.

not really, workplace relations are generally frowned upon. despite those who have slept their way up the ladder