By annie00016 - 27/10/2009 01:41 - United States

Today, I tried to set up my brand new washer and dryer. How hard can it be, right? After cutting my hand in 3 places on the dryer vent, I finished it off with electrocuting myself. So much for being a domestic goddess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 061
You deserved it 10 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. The Soup Nazi is the only Nazi worth mentioning!

Comments

GGnoRe 0
americayay 0

That's why you need a big strong man to do the dirty work. :D

that's a mans job. get back in the kitchen.

At least you didn't somehow end up INSIDE your washer and/or dryer...

Electrocution = death. You didn't get electrocuted.

electrocution does not necessarily mean death and dont assume someone is not telling the truth based on your false knowledge. Seriously what do you think electric fences are? Something that kills anything that touches it?

Actually it does. Electricity + Execute = Electrocute. She was only shocked. Still, electrocute is commonly used as shock, he is just being a grammar nancy.

SushiCoster 0

no idea what a Grammar nancy is but if you meant Grammar Nazi, well then we have ourselves a topic. as for the event being FMLed, this is why you let the delivery guys install it next time.

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. The Soup Nazi is the only Nazi worth mentioning!

Delivery guys aren't always the best way to go. My mom had the delivery guy from Sears install her dryer. It seemed to work at first, but then she realized the heating element never warmed up. When I tried to move it to check the connections, I got a mild jolt. Apparently Captain Smart-Guy switched the ground on the power cable with one of the other connections. Best part: They were COLOR CODED.

word, i didn't realize people still didn't get the difference between shocking themselves and electrocuting themselves. not that difficult of a concept.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocuted

americayay 0

My dad was electrocuted with 7400 volts when I was 2. We just recently celebrated his 50th birthday. Considering he's a lineman, I doubt he got the wording wrong.

well that jolt must have jostled your dads head #47 cause he is a moron. Electrocution means to die by electric shock and it could have been 1 volt or 1,000,000,000,000 volts and he still would have survived its the amperage that kills people when are people going to learn basic science? for ***** sake we have only had electricity for over 100 years

americayay 0

better a moron than a total asshole to people he doesn't know, huh?

growingupnextmon and americayay: electrocution DOES = death. Look it up. If it's just a shock, then you got an electric shock. "Electrocution" means death by electricity. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/electrocute Perhaps next time check your facts before shooting your mouth off. Americayay - you can tell your dad he got his terminology wrong. MY dad was an electrician and taught me from a young age that "electrocution" is to die. growingupnextmon - electric fences give electric shocks, they don't electrocute you. I remember my grandfather having a good old laugh at my then-5-year-old cousin who touched the electric fence running near his house who then ran back to the house screaming "I've been electrocuted! I've been electrocuted!" We laughed at a small child getting his terminology wrong, coz it was cute. It's not cute when somebody who has access to basic search functions on the internet still gets it wrong. Either way the OP was an idiot for connecting it to live power before installing it properly. Always turn off the power to your house at the switchboard when you're installing electrical devices.

If a horse and a donkey have babies it's called a mule. What do you get if a bagel and a baguette have babies?

actually, you won't die from getting electrocuted. my friend touched the inside of a light socket and got electrocuted and he's fine

Cupcake did you even read everything that was just said?

Electrocution means to die by electricity

ydi_bitch 0

At least you were in the right place where you belong. The kitchen.

caticaticati 3

I don't think I've even seen a kitchen with a washer/dryer in it. DISHwasher, yes. Washer as in clothing washer? No. You fail at making a sexist joke that made sense.

our washer is in the kitchen... but the dryer is in the garage, because it need a vent.

jchansfan 0

LMAO You're an idiot YDIBitches. Of course she set up her washing machine+dryer in her kitchen. Just leave and don't come back, kay? =)

perdix 29

Look at all you fancy-ass people with your indoor appliances. None of this shit woulda happened if she put the warsher and the dryer out on the front porch where they belong!

perhaps if you spent less money on shoes & handbags, you could afford to purchase better quality appliances, ones not made of sharp tin and correctly wired..

Women + domestic skills = global meltdown if women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel

It's surprising how harsh some of you feel the need to be over an anecdote. How unecessary and sexist.

Skull_300 0

Yeah, what the **** you assholes?