By annie00016 - 27/10/2009 01:41 - United States
Add a comment - Reply to : #
Delivery guys aren't always the best way to go. My mom had the delivery guy from Sears install her dryer. It seemed to work at first, but then she realized the heating element never warmed up. When I tried to move it to check the connections, I got a mild jolt. Apparently Captain Smart-Guy switched the ground on the power cable with one of the other connections. Best part: They were COLOR CODED.
well that jolt must have jostled your dads head #47 cause he is a moron. Electrocution means to die by electric shock and it could have been 1 volt or 1,000,000,000,000 volts and he still would have survived its the amperage that kills people when are people going to learn basic science? for fucks sake we have only had electricity for over 100 years
growingupnextmon and americayay: electrocution DOES = death. Look it up. If it's just a shock, then you got an electric shock. "Electrocution" means death by electricity. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/electrocute Perhaps next time check your facts before shooting your mouth off. Americayay - you can tell your dad he got his terminology wrong. MY dad was an electrician and taught me from a young age that "electrocution" is to die. growingupnextmon - electric fences give electric shocks, they don't electrocute you. I remember my grandfather having a good old laugh at my then-5-year-old cousin who touched the electric fence running near his house who then ran back to the house screaming "I've been electrocuted! I've been electrocuted!" We laughed at a small child getting his terminology wrong, coz it was cute. It's not cute when somebody who has access to basic search functions on the internet still gets it wrong. Either way the OP was an idiot for connecting it to live power before installing it properly. Always turn off the power to your house at the switchboard when you're installing electrical devices.