By Andrew - 24/11/2011 20:19 - United Kingdom

Today, I tried to buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket. The scrawny, acne-ridden kid at the checkout asked to see my ID. I didn't have any on me, since I'm 37 years old and didn't expect to be asked stupid questions. I complained to his manager, only to be asked to leave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 696
You deserved it 54 504

Same thing different taste

Comments

To you f*cking idiots saying the kid was doing his job, and dude should have brought his ID, are you telling me that if a shriveled up old man tried to buy a bottle of wine, that he too should be asked for ID?? GTFOH!!

lazy_ella 7

104 - How old are you? Do you seriously think a man who is 37 is a "shrivelled up old man"? Wow...... You must think I'm "middle aged" then because I'm 28. I look like I'm 14 though, seriously I have to have ID to play the lottery and just yesterday I was asked for the millionth time by some stranger "why are you not in school?" He should just learn to carry his ID and get over himself.

Amusing story, a few years ago, on holiday in the US (Florida) my father was ID'd buying a bottle of wine. The man is 60. He admittedly looks good for his age... but not THAT good.

he said he's 30 something years old you twat. How the hell is that a shriveled up old man. You GTFO moron

Fingers0689 0

Considering its his job to do that you should just be mad at yourself for being stupid

You know, I would say FYL, but since you seem like a complete asshole in your FML, I'll give you a nice big YDI.

My guess is that the OP didn't so much complain to the manager as complain at the manager.

It doesn't matter how old you are people still need to see your ID dumbass ...like it's that hard to have your ID on you when you know your buying alcohol like WTF!?

I get pissy when I don't get ID'd!!

WaylonD 4

I get pissy when I don't get ID'd!!

WaylonD 4

At least u don't get shitty!!

jazzbazz 3

Smfh uhhh it's a policy no matter how old you are... You can be 10000 years old and it's their policy to card everyone... SMFH

xcrashxloved 0

I work at A place like this, where we have a "100% proof policy" and have to card everyone or we lose our jobs. True he should have asked for a manager, as im sure they wouldve granted you instant approval, but there was no need for you to be a nuisance and make an ass out of yourself. YDI.

Actually in the U.K. a manager is not allowed to override the decision of the cashier. They stand by and support their colleagues because the cashier has obviously asked to see ID for a reason.

Everyone who commented already said what I was going to, so to sum it up ,its his job to ask its the law, keep your id with you, you idiot, happy thanksgiving