By shitberries - 25/12/2015 16:00 - United States - Jefferson City

Today, I tried dying my hair blonde. I put my hair in a bun and waited for it to dye. I guess I did something wrong, because my hair is now 4 different shades of blonde/orange, along with patches of my natural black hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 104
You deserved it 11 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Um yeah, if you had black hair you have to bleach it first....that was your first mistake.

homesuckfucker 28

Yeah. Even if you were bleaching it, and not dying it, like you said you were, going from a natural dark color to a blonde typically won't yield desired results. Especially not with an at home kit. You're better off spending the money to have it professionally done.

Comments

LT_Silva101 18

Uh dyed blonde hair looks horrible trust me. Especially if you're Latina/black/Asian. Keep it black :)

That's your opinion, I don't see why anyone should listen to a random person on here about what they want to do with their appearance.

Lmao I've done this before, just wear a hat for a while and dye your hair back to black.

I made this mistake at 14. Go to a professional.

Never ever ever try to dye your hair blonde by yourself. My stylist made me promise to never do it again after I turned my hair orange.

lizzi6692 7

Trying to make that drastic of a change on your own was kind of dumb.

your not supposed to the it up. plus u need to bleach it before u go blonde...

I mean you kinda sound like you have a tiger on your head now. Tigers are cool right? Sorry OP. sounds like it's time to see a professional to see if they can fix it.

You shouldn't dye your hair blonde from black yourself, if you can't afford a hair dresser than you can't afford blonde, it's very expensive to maintain. Look at the plus side of the failure, your regrowth would have been just as bad.

By the way, getting rid of blonde dye is extremely difficult and/or expensive so good luck !

Its not expensive to get rid of her mistake, she just has to get a box of black dye and she will be back to normal in a day