By hannamacintosh - 25/07/2016 14:13 - Canada - Cambridge

Today, I told my husband that I think he has ADHD. He was offended and began to argue, then he got distracted by a dog outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 853
You deserved it 1 648

Same thing different taste

Comments

Wait til he inevitably calms down and try again, maybe talk more about the symptoms than the actual "ADHD" label, which can be big and kinda daunting, and voice your concerns rather than critiquing him. See if there's anything you both would want to try, whether that's a doctor's visit or post-it notes or setting phone alarms for important things). Good luck!

That would be ADD not ADHD, ADHD comes with hyperactive bursts simultaneously, so he probably would have run outside to the dog rather than just be captivated by it

I was told that both exist under the same label now, so despite being the exact opposite of hyperactive, I was diagnosed with ADHD.

42 you can have adhd with lowhyperactivity.

My brother has ADHD and he's simply..distracted easily. Perhaps when he was younger he might've done that, but he's grown up with it and can control it mostly so it doesn't affect him that much. He still will switch topics randomly, though. Point is, if you grow up with it you're probably going to learn to at least control it somewhat.

species4872 19

Was the dog in a canoe waiting for the Coast Guard?

tounces7 27

Tell him to join the ADHD Facebook group. Once he talks to enough of us he'll realize the similarities.

ADHD, stands for Attention Defecit Hyperactive Disorder, ADD is the same without the hyperactive part, it sounds more like ADD which is what I have