By Candycane88 - 26/03/2013 14:12 - United States - Hemet

Today, I told my husband that a guy I work with told me that I'm the most beautiful woman he has ever met. My husband replied, "He needs to get out more." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 670
You deserved it 5 762

Candycane88 tells us more.

Lol he wasn't joking, but he wasn't trying to insult me either, in his mind that comment was trying to insult the guy hitting on me, strangely my hubby adores me and is a great guy, it's just funny the way it came out.

Top comments

someone needs to realize the value of what they have

perdix 29

Guys get pissed off when you stir up their jealousy for no good reason. You really shouldn't be telling him that kind of stuff unless the guy at work is really putting the moves on you, and you need your husband to confront him.

Comments

Yessi_Boo 14

DAMN! That's really mean. I hope he said he was joking after...

even if he didn't say he was joking OP should take it that way.. sarcasm is the most common form of humor these days and clearly if he married her he does find her beautiful.

Silly husband, had he played his cards right and agreed with that guy, he could have had the most amazing complimentary sex of his life! I guess some people get off by insulting those they claim to love.

perdix 29

#17, I don't think it works that way. If the husband agreed and the sex was better than normal afterwards, he'd think it's because the co-worker was on her mind. When your spouse comes at you with hubris, you sometimes have to knock 'em down a peg.

Please, it's not like you never pretend your girl isn't Kate Beckinsale (after you watched the "Under World" Marathon) or . . . *ahem* your Zumba instructor? (: And tear them down to build them up? Yes, Drill Sergeant!!! :P

perdix 29

#27, of course, I do, but I keep pumping out that same tepid, mediocre love-making to avoid raising suspicion. ;) Now, drop and give me 20, Private!

I feel like it came out worse than it was intended to. He probably meant "He needs to get out more instead of hitting on other men's wives." It's like that one time I tried to tell my mom that I loved her, but instead I said "BURN IN HELL YOU *****!" Shit happens, OP. I'm sure he agrees that you're beautiful.

Hehe he really didn't mean for it to come out that way, he's a great guy and he strangely adores me, he was trying to insult the guy hitting on me that knows full well I'm married

perdix 29

#26, now that you've posted your picture, I'm siding with your husband. You're quite pretty, but your co-worker is prone to hyperbole. Now, maybe you wrote a report and then he slapped his name on it and handed it to the boss. This would make you beautiful in any plagiarist's eyes.

Aaaaaaand the picture's gone. And I'm actually curious how OP looks like now.

Hahaha I didn't think the post would get this must attention, I thought taking it down would be good idea lol

perdix 29

#56, she was a pretty blonde with blue eyes and a nice smile. Quite attractive, but not "most beautiful woman you ever met" beautiful.

In the eye of the BEERholder. Yeah, I know, it was just building inside me and I couldn't help it. Carry on ;)

At least you haven't received any death threats for making eye contact with another man.

A husband should tell you you're beautiful all the time!

I never understand why people tell their partners these things to stir up jealousy... there are other ways to get your husband's attention.

I would tell my fiance if someone had said I was "the most beautiful.. etc.". Not to stir up jealousy but because it's an interesting thing that happened. Just as he would tell me~ You know what they say when you assume~

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Thumbs up for an older fml reference!

Say this to your husband, "Don't worry though , honey, you have a slightly bigger penis than he does."