By elizacandle - 27/03/2015 06:58 - United States

Today, I stopped by my local bar to maybe meet some new people. I sat in between two groups. Within a minute both groups got up and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 682
You deserved it 3 183

elizacandle tells us more.

elizacandle 29

OP Here ...well to a lot of you, Thanks for your sympathy! This was supposed to be an emphasis on how hard it is to talk to people in the real world! This actually happened and u sat at a spot that was empty, I didn't squeeze anywhere. it was likely coincidental but it did feel lonely when the half of the seating area became empty at once. gets lonely pretty quick.

Top comments

You cant blame yourself for that one, it's most likely a coincidence. Find someone who seems to be there alone and strike up a conversation. Bar goers are usually more than friendly.

its okay OP, I will still love you in the same, unconditional way.. Just... don't be weird about it..

Comments

ADBurns 22

OP. Coincidence is a bitch. No drama dude . Keep getting out there. These things take time.

you need to start the conversation...

nityasomaiya 46

Check your perfume? Kidding, it's their loss, don't fret over it :)

JokersHQ 21

Try not to get too down OP they may have just had bad timing and were planning to leave before you even got there!

Maybe they were actually the same group that had separated for some reason? Don't blame yourself, OP

I know how you feel...did happen to me. I tried make a friends too.

Why would you want to meet people at a bar anyway?

purplegold 19

I probably wouldn't have even noticed until I felt chilly from the draft, then I would leave and go some place warm

Awe sorry! :/ maybe you sat there at the wrong time?