By Anonymous - 09/11/2014 07:51

Today, I spent all day making preparations and buying food for my upcoming birthday. It's not for a party, though - none of my friends wanted to come. I'm preparing for the launch of the new World of Warcraft expansion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 943
You deserved it 7 583

Same thing different taste

Top comments

expertsmilee 26

Warlords is gonna be sweet as ****!

Sounds like you'll be partying all by yourself.

Comments

Garnetshaddow 30

YDI for being a WoW addict. Save the party for after you check yourself out of MMO rehab. That's what you should be doing for your birthday. The gift of giving yourself a life! Very seriously, if you've ever known MMO addicts, you know why people hate this game so much. Any other hobby would be better for you. Any other game. Get some help!

reilyn 10

I'm surprised there aren't more people flaming about WoW in comments. For the horde!

Llama_Face89 33

That sounds really rad OP, I'd totally bring you a birthday cupcake and a present if I could go. As long as you're an Alli player that is. (Mostly joking) Happy almost birthday, though! Also for everyone saying "YDI for being an addict", you DO realize enjoyment in moderation is a thing, right? To anyone saying "I won't play because I hear about addiction", it's a gross exaggeration, and more often than not you're going to be kicking yourself for wasting subscription cards (been playing for nearly a year but my boyfriend has been playing for about 5 years and we don't play NEARLY as much as we want to/plan to.)

Garnetshaddow 30

Sure. Moderation is a thing. I don't know anybody who plays WoW who practices it. I've seen people actually plan a work schedule around that stupid game. It's not even fun to watch. I'll never play and I'll recommend everybody who does to switch to something that isn't internet heroin.

Literally no one is forcing you to play it, dude. If it's not your thing then move on. I'm pretty sure someone who plays WoW knows a few more people than someone who wants nothing to do with it? Moderation is absolutely a thing that exists (especially since things to do are limited once you've maxed out your level). There ARE addicts but that doesn't mean everyone is like that. And it's a social game, being an MMO, obviously. People don't make schedules just to play, it's probably for raids and stuff. The same way you make plans to hang out with your friends. To be honest though, you seem to have some sort of vendetta against the game itself by going out of your way to talk about all these supposed accounts of how terrible it makes people. I'm guessing either it's something personal or you're just one of those people who hate whatever is popular. But I'm not gonna get into that, sooo...

That expansion comes out on my birthday too !

kaieda8 12

FOR THE HORDE!!! but happy birthday! If you need some friends to play with, my guild is really friendly :) we are all playing the night of the expansion drop!