This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By snowbirdie34 - 16/09/2017 04:30

Today, I signed a lease with a coworker because she seemed normal enough and our city is ridiculously expensive. Promptly after signing, she said that she's having an affair with another coworker and that he needs a place to stay as his wife is kicking him out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 704
You deserved it 610

Top comments

Too bad for your co workers friend. I doubt tbe landlord would go along with an un known rider on lease-they don't like surprises...Don't even let him unpack!

Lobby_Bee 17

Three simple steps to unFML this. First, take signed lease and turn it into confetti. Second, tell her that's not what you signed up for. Last, inform her that it's her, not you and try to walk away without crying.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

Three simple steps to unFML this. First, take signed lease and turn it into confetti. Second, tell her that's not what you signed up for. Last, inform her that it's her, not you and try to walk away without crying.

If crying occurs, use said confetti as a playful distraction.

You know what else seems normal? Paying 1/3 of the rent when 2 other people live with you.

Too bad for your co workers friend. I doubt tbe landlord would go along with an un known rider on lease-they don't like surprises...Don't even let him unpack!

Donut_Wizard 23

I see one simply solution to this problem. Start your own affair with him, then "discover" his involvement with your co worker for an easy excuse to kick him out. It's what any sane, level headed adult would do in this situation.

onceuponatime456 16

Too bad for her lover! Say NO and make it stick!

Maybe you can house-share with his wife instead? That way you all get room and they can have their little affairs and nobody's any the wiser...

Im_anonymousey 3

Well your half of the rent just got a whole lot cheaper didn't it, Pretty much - he no pay, he no stay. He isn't on the lease ? And make sure you allocate all the space/storage that is yours, items if yours that are not free for all to use. They'll drive each other crazy pretty soon when they aren't literally on top of each other for that one thing *wink wink* when you are so cramped you are basically living on top of each other, you tend to get sick of each other very quickly. Just make sure you mark your boundaries, so your space is yours. And if they bother you with loud obnoxious sex. Play music as loud as you want to drown them out, if they bitch about it, just say you didn't want to hear their "passionate affection" as its private and you find it uncomfortable- use this to your advantage, try and save some money since he'll be paying for a portion of the rent and utilities- and if they haven't split by the time your lease ends, you'll have some spare dough to move out and find a place to better, or they'll split once your lease ends and you'll hopefully find someone better and less selfish to take over her part of the lease. Good luck, just don't let them screw you. He no pay - he no stay. Simple or have a nice chat with the landlord I'm sure they'll be happy to hear if any extra tenants living there not on the lease ?