By Fibericon - 17/08/2009 20:02 - Taiwan

Today, I showed up at work and a coworker pointed a gun at me. After twisting his arm and leveling his face into the wall, I found out it was a lighter. Now I might lose my job over his stupid joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 050
You deserved it 5 464

Fibericon tells us more.

Wow, didn't expect this many comments. I talked to my boss about it today. The coworker had actually lodged a complaint, but conveniently forgot to mention the whole thing about a lighter that looks like a gun. He doesn't work there anymore. The main reason I thought I was going to lose my job was that he had worked there for a lot longer than I had. I've been there less than a year. I was worried that he could have said anything he wanted and I'd end up with the shit end of the stick just because I was new. As for whether or not I over reacted, maybe I could have taken a moment to analyze the situation, but it's not like he was trying to take my wallet or telling me to do anything. He silently pointed a "gun" at me. The last time I spoke to him I had said to him was that his English sucked and he shouldn't be teaching (I work at an ESL institute). The next time I saw him, gun in the face. I asked a cop friend from the states about it, he said if someone pointed that at him they'd get shot.

Top comments

Lose your job over it? He should lose his job for pulling such an immature prank at work.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that you deserve it. They just think they could react calmly in a situation like it's some sort of movie where they can dodge a bullet and face danger down, maybe throw in a cool line like Dirty Harry telling the guy about the gun he's holding and tell him something like, "You couldn't hit a, etcetera." He pulled something out on you like it was a gun. It was shaped like a gun. Guns come in all sizes - some smaller than a credit card. Just tell your co-worker and boss that you have no hard feelings, and at the end of the day, he's the one with the bruised body.

Comments

mistake anyone could have made, & its self defense, theres no reason to lose your job, or your boss is a dick. FYL.

vdubz 0

HDI lol, he deserves it. I mean, does he think making you actually believe it's a gone will be funny?

how the **** do you mistake a LIGHTER for a gun...

gromble 0

There are lighters made to look like guns. http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38664000/jpg/_38664309_lighter_gun150pa.jpg

The coworker was being an idiot. I'd have done the same thing if someone pointed something that looks like a gun at my face.

He deserved to get Laid Out, Congrats OP! :p What kind of dip would go and point a Lighter at someone making it appear to be a gun and not expect to get Leveled? OP is BA!

juturnaamo 29

this is what happens when you let kids play with toy guns. Guns aren't toys, and toys shouldn't look like guns.

metal8214 0

not your ******* fault, self defense!!! why the hell would he point a lighter at you in the first place???

Jester7 0

yeah you're not gonna lose your job, it was an honest mistake and his joke was not appropriate for the work place...bottom line is they cannot fire you for that, they could fire him and they could "take disciplinary action" whatever the he'll that means but they can't fire you

he's the one who'll get in trouble, hope it's on camera, 'cause I'm pretty sure that shit is illegal.