By Anonymous - 28/11/2010 06:02 - United States

Today, I saw an elderly woman in need of help of crossing a street. I helped her across. On the way she just about fell and held onto me to keep from hitting the ground. After she left on her bus I reached for my wallet. It was gone. I had just been robbed by a 70 year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 744
You deserved it 4 097

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If I ever meet OP, I'm going to proceed to punch him in the left nut for using "proceeded" twice. It's redundant, excessive, extra, superfluous, unnecessary, unneeded, and redundant. And it makes you sound like an asshat.

Comments

This is why I HATE old women... They take advantage of people who are simply trying to be nice. Old people suck.

doomsauced 0

ydi because you should never trust nor help old people.

there was an fML like this that a person went to go help an old lady (like so) then a person robbed his bike...... so yea. liar.

Suspicious, but if you consider all the countries our posters come from, there must be hundreds of seniors helped across streets every day, and naturally a few occasions are going to end in someone taking advantage of the good samaritan's distraction.

Really, "you're a liar because there's no way more than one person has ever helped a lying old lady across a street?" yeah whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the mugging/conning/panhandling/shoplifting "trade" has a favourite scam and repeats it frequently. I've got a group of meth or crack heads in my city who blanket downtown at night with stories that their car is out of gas and they're from out of town visiting family in the hospital and they left their wallet in the car, and boo hoo hoo. I'd hate to reject someone who actually WAS in that situation so the first time they approached me I asked to see the alleged car... then I realised that was a bad idea, going off alone with 2 of them and one of me. Luckily a total rock-dealer-lookin guy came toward us making an exaggerated shrug, like "WELL?" and I knew for sure they were saving up for some drugs & ditched. Anyway, they run in a casual group, and since then I've been accosted by 3 or 4 at once, and believe me, it's intimidating being surrounded by desperate creeps. They aren't actually "mugging" though, and city council has even tried designing laws to prevent this without seeming discriminatory to honest panhandlers, but so far this "gas money" gang has persisted, for a couple years, maybe even 5 years. There's always a fresh sucker to be found. Got on a tangent there, but my point is that the first time I saw this con, it was a 20ish girl with a 45ish woman of the same race, so I was sorta inclined to believe them as a "family with car trouble" more than if it was two young people. Having an old person in one's gang can be FANTASTIC for con games! It elicits trust more effectively. Maybe the street-crosser has a nondescript accomplice who does the actual grab while the street-crosser "stumbles" to draw attention away from the grabber. So my point is, if there are similar stories, maybe the victim isn't B.S.ing; maybe the crime simply happens more than once. Why the hell wouldn't the scammer repeat it, when it's such a golden plan?

aypppppppppp 0

it wasnt ur fault ...if i catch dat grandma

jpmc808 1

Damn! Granny got thievery skills! Lol. Seriously though, that really sucks.

Hakaan 10

You didn't even see it coming... (Dumb and Dumber reference). That does suck though.