By Gemma - 03/11/2010 11:23 - United Kingdom

Today, I saw a portable speed camera on the highway and braked hard. I caused a 4 car pile-up and my car is totaled. It wasn't a speed camera. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 160
You deserved it 60 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You ought to lose your license. From personal experience with a jackass who did the same thing to me, I can tell you that your insurance isn't going to compensate your victims the true value of their vehicles. They will be out several thousand dollars and loads of time dealing with the mess because of what you did.

therevolution 0

wow that's so stupid...I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Comments

rockyraccoon28 8

wow, you do not deserve to have a license. you don't brake hard on the highway, only if the car in front of you is stopped for whatever reason.

Why were you speeding in the first place? And you should know not to brake hard without checking your mirror. And did the vehicles behind you not leave enough room or did you brake extremely hard and give them no chance to react? Why can't people drive responsibly?

JUST_STFU_N_GTFO 0

Silly OP, you so dumb man! xD Pffft... don't brake so hard next time, your car could had slid or something.

azhein 0

We all know that the OP had to be a woman. No man would have done this. Unless he were an Asian man.

RedPillSucks 31

Right, because there are no non-asian male asshole drivers.

FMLinCA 12

you're a moron. YDI for having your car totaled for doing something absolutely ridiculous like this. a 4 car pile up? hopefully no one else was hurt because you were being stupid.

I realize that pretty much everybody above me is saying the same thing, but I'll add my 2 cents and say that OP is a complete moron and deserves everything s/he has coming. In the US, at least, any rear-end collision is the fault of the driver following rather than the driver in front, but this is clearly OP's fault. OP, you deserve to be flayed, sautéed, braised, and then slow-roasted on a spit over an open flame. **** you and your inability to drive. The cops should have confiscated your license and cut it up and buried it on the spot.

TheDrifter 23

Let's hope op skidded out of his lane before making contact. If he leaves the lane it's his fault as an unsafe change. It could also be ruled deliberate and thus reckless driving. Next time brake check like that in front of a big rig, maybe it'll put us out of your misery.

everyone this is a lie. I'm a constable in London. and in searched for crashes in and around London and only accidents involving a maximum of 2 cars only.

Hmm, in the UK we have single carriageways, dual carriageways and motorways - no highways.

TheDrifter 23

It's like a motorway but generally moves faster.

dudeitsdanny 9

But the FML is from the UK. I'm guessing that's why they said that

Yeah, it seems to be a word that covers all public roads here, as we have the Highway Code, but no actual highways... I'm guessing the OP means a motorway or dual-carriageway.

Tikwichka 5

Speed cameras are not allowed on motorways, chances are it was a dual carriageway.

TheDrifter 23

I was just trying to spread my Canadian understanding of the word across the pond. pollute the English language with my Canadianisms. Our government too uses the word highway to refer to all sorts of public roads, with the difference being we usually don't use a different word for them and the word highway is actually on the sign (Quebec not included).

maybe they used the american term since usually when a british person posts using our english they get a million comments from the more stupid members of this site asking what everything is, if he had written motorway there probably would have been loads of "what's a motorway" comments....

if you don't know the difference between "were" and "we're", you actually just might be.

LeedsFML 0

I don't even believe a British person wrote this. It's called a motorway.

definitely a female driver. Back to the kitchen!