By Help Me - 18/01/2015 03:45 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I saw a little old lady trying to cross the street. I went over and tried to help her. Turned out she was actually just a really short young woman. As soon as I took her arm, she screamed in front of everyone and accused me of trying to molest her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 322
You deserved it 8 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iTzSelverZz 14

I think you were suppose to ask her if she needs help first.

TomeDr 24

Why would you grab her arm without asking her first?

Comments

How on earth do you confuse the two???

from behind they had a bundle of clothes on (its winter) so he assumed small lady means old, because a lot of older ladies tend to be small and fragile looking. and maybe she was walking slow. obviously it should have been more looked into, though

Why wouldn't you ask her if she needed help first before you grabbed her? YDI

Op, you 'offer' your arm. You can't just go around grabbing people. YDI

Honestly? I think you deserve it a bit. You should NEVER try to grab people without their permission. You didn't even ask if she needed help, you just went right in without permission. If I was walking and some strange man came up to me and grabbed my arm, I'd freak out too.

Wow, I know I'm just repeating with many other people have mentioned in the comments, but you can't just go and grab a stranger's arm without their consent, even if it was a little old lady. YDI, sorry.

Although the gesture was intended to be nice, it probably would have been beneficial for you to ask if she needed help. But she needs a definition check on "molest"

TomeDr 24

I was once maneuvering two shopping carts - one full of food and one with my month-old baby in it. Some strange woman grabbed the cart with my baby and TOLD me that I needed help. I was NOT appreciative.

TomeDr 24

I just gave her a cold look while pulling my baby toward me and said "no thank you." I guess I should have said "let go of my baby" but I think my body language said it for me.

How exactly does a touch on the arm equal molesting and sexual assault? Sorry, I'm confused here.

if you put your arm under her upper arm you could accidentily touch her breast on the way out. or she thought he was holding onto her so her could THEN do bad stuff. either way your mind goes to bad places when your randonly grabbed...

Yarrachel 16

She did say he was "trying" to molest her. If you are going to molest someone, you would have to grab them first.

As a young female, when strange men grab your arm they usually don't want to help you cross the street.

Canada, where old people and young look the same amongst layers of clothing in the winter...