By fattypatty - 20/02/2017 13:00 - United States

Today, it seems I do, in fact, have an addiction to food. My employer has put on a weight loss challenge with a 1000$ prize, and on day 5 of 100 I'm already lying to the calorie counting app I installed on my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 005
You deserved it 2 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Use this opportunity to become more aware of what you eat. You can do it, OP!

You're human, you're supposed to be addicted to food.

Comments

You're human, you're supposed to be addicted to food.

It is possible to be addicted to food. Sugar affects the brain just like hard drugs do.

Use this opportunity to become more aware of what you eat. You can do it, OP!

faeriefiend 8

If you think you're seriously addicted maybe see a doctor? But it takes 21 days to form a habit! Clear out your junk food and believe in yourself, you got this!<3

Your boss just hates you coz you're fat. I hope there is a law that can help you. We say in our country that a fat man is a happy man.

Haroer Hak'tak 1

No. It doesnt work that way lol. The employer isn't targeting a specific person, he's merely trying to get his employees healthier, and as motivation, he offers up an award. There's nothing specifically targeting this employee.

If anything I would say the boss should be commended for giving a shit

As in fatty to another, put down the fork and keep pushing water.

neuronerd 28

You need to be honest with yourself if you actually want to lose weight. Log your intake accurately, and it'll be much easier to see where you can make cuts, and/or increase your activity. That said, the decision to lose weight is completely up to you, and your employer has no say (unless of course you're in a field with fitness requirements), even if there is an incentive to do so.

For $1000 I would put more effort in to losing weight.

I've tried to lose weight a few times (without success), maybe if someone offered me $1000 I would finally succeed! Bit unlucky for the employees who have a healthy weight though...