By dani911 - 15/07/2009 01:16 - United States

Today, I noticed a car following me all the way to my house. It was dark so I got really nervous and called the police. The person got out of the car. It was my mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 710
You deserved it 37 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aerials_fml 0

I don't get why people are saying she deserved it. Maybe calling the cops was a little too much but I guess it's understandable. You can never be too careful these days.

ehh, it's understandable to be a bit concerned that a car is following you.... but you really didn't recognize it? I know it was dark, but still.

Comments

I agree with #2. There's no way you could know who it was following you, and it's better to be safe than sorry. While I don't agree it's an FML, I think you did the right think. My vote is an Abstention.

deaditegirl 0

Do you not recognize your mom's car? If it was her regular car, YDI. If she was driving a different car for some reason, that's another story.

FYL...I've definitely had a shady looking car following me before, and it's scary as hell. Better safe than sorry. ( In my case, it was a cop following me. Apparently my model of car is a popular one for theft, and there had been a lot of car thefts in the area I was driving in. ****** tailgated me until I didn't fully stop at a stop sign because of it, then pulled me over. Then apologized for wasting my time after explaining what he was doing. A nice cop. :-) )

Shady looking car?? Are you retarded? How could the OP not realize it was her mother's car?

It's a completely different perspective than she usually see the car from, to say nothing of the fact that it's nighttime and she probably couldn't see it clearly at all. I don't know why I'm responding to someone who opens with "are you retarded?" like they were a mature adult, though.

Did she say you had a "purty mouth?" Did she tell you "squeal like a piggie?" Did she play the banjo? Georgia can be a scary place!

Why would the OP deserve this? This has happened to me before and it wasn't my mother. Just was jut taking precautions and it happened to be a coincidence that she knew the person in the car. This could actually happen so good thinking on calling the cops to be safe

Yea, guys, he could DEFINITELY recognize the car in the dark, especially when there could be hundreds of other cars out there that look exactly the same. And better yet, recognize the DRIVER when you can barely see through the windows even in the daytime. To me, it seems that some of you are just really looking for excuses to say YDI, or at least seem to view every mistake as a YDI moment, because, as we all know, no intelligent being ever makes mistakes, and if one happens, it's always the poster's fault and no one else's. Personally, I too would feel creeped out if some random car was following me. Even if it looked like it could be my parents', that's not the ONLY car of its kind. F the OP's life.

It's the same reason that children make fun of other children: if they think everyone around them is dumb, that's almost the same of thinking that they themselves are smart. They'll feel better if everyone else is feeling worse. Thus, when they see an FML, instead of first asking, "could this have happened to me?" they ask, "what moronic mistake could have led to this?" And try to forget that they themselves make mistakes as well.

Hich17 0

Future reference, OP - If I notice a car has been tailing me for more that a few streets, I circle my neighborhood until they turn off, I never let them know where I live.

deja54 0

Seriously. If someone's following you, DO NOT GO HOME. Especially if you called the cops AFTER you got home. Like they say, when every second counts, the police are only minutes away.

there is almost no way you could not recognize your mons car headlights unless you have a worse memory than a gnat.

the car was behind her. I doubt she could see the car through her mother's car headlights. It's too bright to see anything behind it.

It's true. Most of you noobs have either never driven, or are one of the fools who never use their rearview mirror. There's a chance you can look at the car and make out the shape through your rear window. But the mirror... no dice. You'll just see two lights.