By Goober - 20/09/2017 14:30

Today, I moved in with my in-laws and don't yet have money to pay rent, so I'm keeping to myself and staying out of trouble. While trying to write a thank you card, I spilled black ink all over the new rug and it bled through to the carpet. I might need to find a new place to live. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 181
You deserved it 632

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What were you trying to write it with? A quill pen? How do you spill ink if you use a ballpoint pen like a normal person.

Don't risk trying any fixes from the internet; most likely it will only get worse. Apologize to your in-laws and let them decide on how to clean it. Sorry!

Comments

Use the internet to find a way to get it up- one that WON'T risk making the situation worse. It's literally the biggest resource available to anyone with an electronic device and internet.

Don't take offense, but I'm rolling. You sound like you're employed by the Internet's marketing department.

Don't risk trying any fixes from the internet; most likely it will only get worse. Apologize to your in-laws and let them decide on how to clean it. Sorry!

Where is your spouse? Can't he tell his parents?

Couldn't you have just written it with a pencil

Lobby_Bee 17

Try automotive upholstery foam cleaner. It works wonders on my car seats, I hope it works for your carpet as well.

What were you trying to write it with? A quill pen? How do you spill ink if you use a ballpoint pen like a normal person.

1. Even ballpoint pens can leak. 2. Fountain pens are making a comeback.

Leaking ballpoint pens don't "leak" enough to seep through one rug onto another.

Obviously you've never had a ballpoint pen break on you.

Aw, don’t worry. You’re not going to have to find a new place to live. After seeing that mess, your in-laws are going to kill you.

Sending hugs, and I hope it works out okay x

InfiniteSecret 20

Were you using a jar of ink or did the pen explode? Seriously a follow up about what you were using and how there is that much ink to stain through the carpet and the underneath would be great

Just tell them you had an inky period. Oh come on, I meant the punctuation!