By reasonablysingle - 11/06/2016 03:27 - Australia - Greystanes

Today, I'm taking care of my 12-year-old daughter because my ex-wife thought she could cure our daughter's lactose intolerance by sneaking milk into her soy breakfast. The milk had expired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 346
You deserved it 1 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm soy sorry that happened. Also, your ex wife is a bitch

Comments

Yeah... Lactose intolerance isn't something you can just wish away with the right attitude. If your body can't produce the enzyme lactase, you can't digest lactose. OP, you should get your daughter to take a particularly smelly dump in a paper bag and light it on fire in front of your ex wives house. That'll show her!

If she does things like this often I would take serious legal action.

msmedieval 11

Are you sure your exwife isn't the devil incarnate?? By the way, soy milk isn't very healthy for a girl in that age (or younger), try to find lactofree milk at your local supermarket. I've been happily drinking it for the past few months & it doesn't cause any of the "aftermath" that regular milk does.

For more than one reason, that's sue-for-custody territory

But then the mother would win custody because she's female, and she "was trying to help the daughter." Thanks, government

I don't think you understand how custody tends to go when both parents are fighting for custody and have equivalent or nearly so resources. When it's that way, there's usually either a preference for the father or for both parents to be equally likely to get custody, depending on location. That said, the mother 'trying to help' would be a strike against her by any sane judge. The mother introduced a substance to her daughter that could have made her terribly ill- and did. That behavior is neglect at best, and abuse more likely.

redheadedmonster 24

Damn! I hope your daughter stays in your care for the foreseeable future and that you suggest your crazy ex-wife learns how to read again. Seriously how can you not know something has expired? Let alone give something to your child with no issue that's obviously not safe for them?

Look at the bright side, could still be married to her

how does that add to op's situation?

I think 22 was going for "could be worse" and picked the wrong saying.

I'm guessing your ex-wife doesn't hold a medical degree?