By joanikens - 26/03/2016 19:02 - United States - Buena Park

Today, I'm a barista at Starbucks. When my crush walked in and asked how much his coffee would cost, I said a date. He said he'd rather pay for the coffee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 091
You deserved it 6 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP! I heard he listens to Nickelback while doing cross fit... You're better off without him ?

Comments

On the one hand I feel like that's a really clever and confident way of asking but on the other I always see people on here complaining about how women get hit on while trying to go about their day (e.g. buying a coffee) and yet no one seems to be complaining here...

SilverInGray 25

It's also a little different if you already know the person? He wasn't a random guy, she knew him

born_hustla 26

At least you tried! That's good. But he really didn't have to be so rude about it. Sucks.

Maybe he was in a rush or not having a good day! Plus he may not realize how brash he sounded. Don't despair, OP. If you know he is a good guy and you feel he's worth your time you can always try again tomorrow!

why would she need to ask again? he basically said no the first time. let's not start harassing him into saying yes when he obviously doesn't want to. OP just let it alone and find someone new.

Trying again tomorrow would just come across as desperate and annoying. Saying no doesn't mean he isn't a good guy.

Yeah, let's just continue with the unprofessional behavior at work until the guy is creeped out and complains to the manager.

Props to you for having the courage to ask him! It's his loss

Nyattack 14

Flirting with people while on one's job, especially when you don't know whether they like you or not, seems quite unprofessional and annoying...

I don't know - I think in films and tv it happens a lot, and although it isn't a basis for real-life, sometimes we model our actions on these things if we don't have much to go on. I don't see anything wrong with it - I imagine lots of people meet this way, just sometimes it works and other times it doesn't and that is okay. As long as OP doesn't do it to every guy I don't see how it is a bad thing.

At least now you know. People that lead others on are dicks

But how did he lead her on at all? He was literally just trying to buy coffee

I don't think you understand what 'leading on' means...

He might still like you, but it isn't really the right time to ask him, considering he just wanted to get a drink. Dates are expensive, too.

Sk8brdmenace 17

He either has a gf or he's a fucktard. Either way he's no good for ya.Slick pick up line too. I woulda said yes

-.- or he just happens to not want to date OP? Which is totally fine.

randybryant799 20

Maybe he's just not interested. Did that not occur to you? The guy just wanted some damn coffee.