By wasted time - 19/12/2013 09:09 - United States

Today, I learned, 90 horrifying minutes into a college exam, that my 85-year-old calculus teacher had spent the last three weeks teaching us the wrong chapter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 119
You deserved it 3 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His qualifications as a teacher just don't add up. Hope you can work out your problems.

I may be speaking in hyperbole and I hope I don't go off on a tangent, but I think this is a sine that sumthing is wrong with how he functions as a teacher. Looking at it from another angle, obviously you can't count on him to teach you the right material. I hope he eats some humble pi and retires as he is clearly past his prime. Good luck.

Comments

perdix 29

Maybe your teacher has Old Timer's Disease. I guess you are going learn the hard way about limits as they approach zero.

perdix 29

It was. I've always found it a remarkable coincidence that Alzheimer's afflicts old timers.

I only asked as some people think that's the actual name of the disease, not taking into account the name of the woman the disease was named after, Lois Alzheimer.

Actually /his/ name was Aloysius "Alois" Alzheimer.

Never_Land 10

That sucks OP try talking to some and explain that your instructor did not teach the material he was supposed to, hopefully they give you another shot

olpally 32

85 year old teacher?? Dude needs to retire. That's ridiculous.

I was thinking about that, too. Here in Finland you reach the retirement age at 63. After that it's up to you if you continue your work or retire, but most people seem to chose the latter.

My grandpa is 65 and we don't allow him to hold the remote control. He needs to move on.

I wouldn't trust an 85 year to teach a class

Dodge4x4Ram 46

bad teacher,,I don't mean the sexy movie either

As a sophomore in high school I was taking chemistry, and for the first term we learned about the mol literally every day. At the start of the second term we had a different teacher. Turns out the first teacher had Alzheimer's and we had been stuck on one days lesson for weeks!

moosetracks22 10

Take it up with the Dean. You have a legitimate problem and can challenge the grade.

Simple. Just put an "i"'after all of your answers and say its the imaginary number that makes your answer correct.