By JhKhS - 14/09/2009 10:05 - United Kingdom

Today, I just came back from the vet. I spent a lot of money on a pet tortoise at the local pet store and it didn't come out of its shell when I bought it. The owner just said it sleeps in the day and it'll be shy for a week or so. Turns out it was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 555
You deserved it 9 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.... 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This tortoise is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-TORTOISE!!

Comments

gabebfresh 0

what would master splinter do...

pacobored 0

Maybe the turtle isn't dead, maybe its just not moving at all.

Probably should have done some research on tortoises first. I can't figure out how you couldn't tell a creature was lifeless when you picked it up and stuff, but eh.

T_r_i_c_k_Y 0

You should research any animal before buying it. You could probably get a replacement torty from the pet shop if you whined enough.

mabe u should have got a turtle that was out of its shell

skyeyez9 24

Roses are red Violets are blue A turtle was dead They sold it to you

Movin like a tortoise, full of rigormortis!

People beat me to the reference, but I have to say it anyway: He's not dead; he's just pining for the fjords.