By JhKhS - 14/09/2009 10:05 - United Kingdom

Today, I just came back from the vet. I spent a lot of money on a pet tortoise at the local pet store and it didn't come out of its shell when I bought it. The owner just said it sleeps in the day and it'll be shy for a week or so. Turns out it was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 555
You deserved it 9 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.... 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This tortoise is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-TORTOISE!!

Comments

It's expired and gone to meet its maker. It has ceased to be! It's a stiff! It's gone on and rolled up the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible! This is an Ex-Tortoise!

maybe its a retarded tortise ? it might have arthritis or narcolepsy ? maybe its a nocturnal tortise and only comes out when your asleep. have you tried cpr or a defibralator ?

I like turtles! - Jonathan The Zombie Kid

YDI for not confirming its status. I'm sure there's some simple way you could have gotten it to come out of it's shell if it had been alive. P.S.— I won't quote it since everyone else already has, but this fml immeditely think of the Monty Python skit.

That sucks, but YDI for buying a pet that you know so little about that you can't tell if it's sleeping or dead. Always research pets, especially ones that are as exotic as tortoises. The store should give you your money back and tell everyone you know what happened. They're crooks who preyed on your ignorance.

Too all the idiots posting: The OP clearly said tortoise. While only some turtles are "like" tortoises, not all tortoises are like turtles.

It's not a big deal, get over it. No one cares.

What would have been more funny is if he bought an empty shell with green plado in it. Now THAT is what I call good salesmanship.

fretforyerlatte 0

No. No. He's just resting. The Norwegian blue: beautiful plumage.