By Ljiljka - 01/08/2014 14:37 - Serbia - Belgrade

Today, I had to explain to my father why it isn't a good idea to shove a metal knife into the toaster when trying to get at a small piece of toast. This man is 45-years-old and has a PhD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 925
You deserved it 3 778

Ljiljka tells us more.

Hey there, OP here! For those of you asking, he has a PhD in biology. He's done crazier and much more dangerous things than this, trust me. If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Top comments

He would have had an electrifying epiphany if all had gone as planned. You ruined it!

Comments

Had the same with my Dad and a spoon in the microwave once. He started an argument with me about me thinking I always knew better. I should have let it explode and kill him.

I was with you until that last sentence. If I'm ever on trial for so much as jay-walking, I pray you are not selected as one of the jurors. "Yea, so rolling stops at a stop sign carries the death sentence right? Can we give it to him anyway?"

I've obviously got more to wish death on him for than this one argument that one time.

wish death on your dad? no, you failed as a child.

How can you fail as a child? You are a baby with a blank canvas.. You grow up to be what you see around you. Also if my Dad was a dead-beat piece of shit who may of abused my mum or something like that, i don't think wishing death upon him is failing as a child, or bad. Maybe that's what's happened here for them to wish death upon their father.

Hey there, OP here! For those of you asking, he has a PhD in biology. He's done crazier and much more dangerous things than this, trust me. If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!

oh come on, you have to expand on that! what crazy dangerous things has he done?

He once got stung by a bee and insisted it was fine, despite his fingers and lips being swollen like hot-dogs. I found him passed-out on the floor a few minutes later. 10 year old me had to call 911- turns out he's allergic to bee stings. To this day, he finds this incident hilarious and tells it like a joke. We've all done lots of stupid stuff, and like I said before, he's actually a really smart guy. This is just one of a few of the stupid things he's done, and I thought it would be funny to post it.

I'm studying biology! Hopefully I won't make the same silly mistakes as he's done...

It's funny actually, both his father and brother work in high positions for huge electric companies. Guess it skipped a generation!

bingo__O 15

Common sense usually escapes the intellectually gifted.

Not always!! My dad is really smart and doesn't do any of the stuff that people have said there dad's have done. He also used common sense in his job and earned £1million that year!

Okay love, pipe down. No one likes a show off. Also if your Dad doesn't do stupid things he sounds boring af

Well sometimes the smartest people are really stupid.

Does it not depend on the subject of his PhD what you can expect from him?

Unfortunately, common sense can't be taught

JMichael 25

should of let him learn the hard way

I did this as a kid - it blew out the fuses in the house but I'm still alive! :D