By Lunab123 - 01/02/2015 02:43 - United States - Potomac

Today, I had food poisoning and woke up early in the morning to vomit. My mom emailed all of my teachers saying that I would be late to school because of "morning sickness". Thanks mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 890
You deserved it 2 558

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nonsensical 26

you should show up with a pillow under your shirt just to see their reaction towards your quickly grown belly.

Comments

at least you're gonna be forced to go back home after you step inside the school to vomit

was going to say your mom sounds awful. Then I realized that your mom probably doesn't realize that the term "morning sickness" is associated with pregnancy, and that since your sick in the morning she's just calling it what you have in the literal sense. Sorry OP, I really hope that the latter is it and that your mom isn't jumping to conclusions.

cadillacgal79 32

If her mom doesn't know the term "morning sickness" is associated with pregnancy after being pregnant 9 months with her daughter, than that women is jumping the gun or just a plain idiot.

English could be the OP's mother's second language. Phrasing is a very subtle thing and she might have literally meant "sickness in the morning".

cadillacgal79 32

32-Now that's me just assuming that OPs mother has always been an U.S. citizen, Not being an ass, what you've said is a valid point.

wow...whats the situation at school now...

why the **** did you still go to school if you have food poisoning? can you miss just one day jeez ...

"Morning sickness" is a common phrase used to describe the nausea that pregnant women sometimes have in the morning. By saying that, OP's mom is implying that her daughter is pregnant.

well great... now you're gonna get suspended for being a "bad influence" on other students... 100% mom's fault

JohnTheDonJuan 11

Sorry to burst your bubble, but schools don't punish students for getting pregnant...

Unless OP goes to a private school. Every year at my old (public) high school, we would gain at least one new student who was just kicked out of the local private school. Something about pregnant girls being bad for their image.

This FML needs a follow up. What happened in school afterwards?

lol a MOM should definitely know better! Sorry op!!

born_hustla 26

Seems like your mom is looking fwd to something. You better not disappoint. -messed up tho!