By director416 - 13/05/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, I had a really bad day at work and the only thing that was getting me through the day was the idea of taking a nice, hot, relaxing bath. When I got to my front door there was a shut off notice from the gas company. I won't be taking any hot baths until I come up with the $500 bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 923
You deserved it 49 182

director416 tells us more.

The gas bill includes another security deposit of 150$ and a turn on fee of 50$. So, it was 300$ that I was past due on and I was doing the budget plan which was about 150$ a month. Only 2 months behind. As for the roommate, it's not her fault she lost her job due to down sizing and she is has been getting money from her parents... we've just used it for food. It's not a matter of whether or not I "deserve" to have my gas shut off. I do. I didn't pay the bill. I agree with that. The FML part of it is that my day was crap and then it got even crappier. Stop preaching and just read the stupid FML so you can say "Hey, at least I'm not that poor bastard." Get over yourselves.

Top comments

you shouldve improvised, had a nice warm bath, the water provided by your tears. ):

everyone who hit YDI is probably a student and has never tried living alone during a RECESSION. come on people - this is real life, if you haven't heard of the exponential growth of normal people not being able to make ends meet - you'll find out soon enough.

Comments

How did you manage to rack up a $500 bill...? o_O

deaditegirl 0
youfailatlife 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

There's always that one bill you forget to pay.

Are you single or married? I wonder, because I have never heard of a 500 dollars gas bill unless you haven't been paying for months. Either way, you should seriously look at how you're saving and spending money. That should get taken care of because life is going to only get harder with poor money management.

If you have a gas stove, a gas hot water heater, and gas heating you can have a $500 bill, we set our heat on 70 degrees and in the winter our gas bill is more than that

I2OI3 0

HARRY! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?! (REMEMBER THAT PART IN DUMB & DUMBER??) THAT WAS THE BEST....SO YA 500 DOLLAR GAS BILL, YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN PAYING YOUR BILLS FOR A WHILE...

randizzle6 0

YDI....$500 gas bill? Pay that thing! :-) That does suck though...it seems like all the bad stuff happens all at once, huh?

The only way I'd see this as an FYL, is if magical flying unicorns took control of your city's gas company and racked up every one's bills to afford their massive gambling debts. Otherwise, YDI if you can't manage your money enough to pay for your water, because I doubt your monthly bill is that much, and you probably haven't been paying in a while. I'd suggest asking a friend if you could borrow theirs for a while if you're really desperate.