By FalloutScrolls - 13/11/2015 14:49 - United States - Eau Claire

Today, I got several angry messages on Facebook, demanding to know how I could cheat on my wife. They didn't believe me when I said I had no idea what they meant. Turns out my wife made a sarcastic post about my "new mistress". She was talking about Fallout 4. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 327
You deserved it 3 019

FalloutScrolls tells us more.

FalloutScrolls 25

Hey guys, OP here. So the actual FML character limit doesn't allow for part 2 of this story. My wife actually did mention Fallout in the post, but because it was rather lengthy and the punchline was towards the end, people knee-jerk overreacted to what they saw, and didn't notice that the long post was abbreviated on Facebook with a "read more" link. Several messages later, all is cleared up, and we're laughing about it now.

Top comments

Knock it off with your gamer elitist bullshit. Who gives a crap when someone started liking a video game series? Who are YOU to determine what a real fan is and who is legit?

renasaurus 17

Comments

A new video game and a sarcastic wife. I feel sooo bad for you, OP.

andrmac 25

You are friends with her on Facebook just add a reply that your mistress is Fallout 4 it will give an alert to all the posted on there too, and do a status update so they can be referred to look at your status.

Badkarma4u 17

Thanks to social media and reality tv, overreaction is the new black.

I don't see why she wouldn't put an explanation, it gives totally different vibes that way. It could have been a funny post too

Fallout 4 is such a *****. Selling itself out to everyone's wives and husbands.

FalloutScrolls 25

Hey guys, OP here. So the actual FML character limit doesn't allow for part 2 of this story. My wife actually did mention Fallout in the post, but because it was rather lengthy and the punchline was towards the end, people knee-jerk overreacted to what they saw, and didn't notice that the long post was abbreviated on Facebook with a "read more" link. Several messages later, all is cleared up, and we're laughing about it now.

Wow I've never seen an OP post so fast. P.S I moderated your FML

If you're a legit fallout nerd and have played it from the beginning, or at least Fallout 2 you are forgiven. If you started at New Vegas then I have no support in your cause lol.

Knock it off with your gamer elitist bullshit. Who gives a crap when someone started liking a video game series? Who are YOU to determine what a real fan is and who is legit?

#19, so did I and I was hoping for a follow up☺️

TheSulkingDead 14

I was about 1 or 2 years old when it came out. How in the hell would I start off at it let alone why?

That's no excuse, don't you know you're not allowed to like a thing without being 100% devoted to the whole franchise? Now if you'll excuse me I have to track down the previous models of my car to drive so I can say I like my current one.

hilarious. hope this goes down as a funny memory to share when you're older.

A true OP would post a link to the Facebook post, or at least a full copy-paste of it!

You kill your son at the end of Fallout 4, OP. You're welcome everyone.

#23 I've been gaming since the SNES. Fallout 4 is the first of the series I have played. Guess I'm not a "real" gamer after all. Damn.

I've played all of them and even i think you're being an idiot #23. While its nice to have the lore under your belt, its like playing skyrim where you don't need the previous games to get the whole story. Plus there's always wikia if you wanna catch up.

TheSulkingDead 14

sometimes people need to mind their own business.

The ****? Who cares when you start playing, fallout is amazing and everyone should play it. I started with fallout 3 since one and two and ******* ancient now... You're a moron and I hate assholes like you.

Fallout 3 is still one of my favourite games and I urge people to still play it. I just love wandering around finding new places and hilarious quests.. I miss three dog though... I wish they could have found a way to add him because he totally made fallout 3 for me... -_-

nameisname 12

How can oils you cheat on fallout 4 like that with a girl

#23 So by your logic, does this mean I'm not allowed to like Grand Theft Auto since I've never played the first two games that nobody ever talks about? People like you are the reason why most gamers are seen as lowlife *****.

johncanact 13

Such a radioactive situation. Sounds like people just vaulted to conclusions.

my girlfriend is thinking the same thing I'm sure my dude...she acts like I love video games more than her...sighh...:(

Isn't there a game you can play together? :) or isn't she into video games? :(

AtherSheep 15

I can understand where she's coming from. I had two boyfriends choose video games over me. One of which is still in love with me after 7 years and still chooses video games over me. I've come to accept it, but I don't date him. I date someone who puts me as a priority or wants me to do things he likes as well. Which just so happens to be the same things I like. It's a win win when I and him both love video games. Some how my ex couldn't grasp the idea of gaming with me. And the other would refuse to game with me. I've been gaming for 18 years, go figure.

I dislike gaming with most people as I can be a bit too competitive and get really wrapped up in my games. However when a gamer (that you chose to be with) gets a new game it's kind of unfair to expect them to drop their passion for you.. the best guy I was with let me be me and was fine just cuddling while I gamed, even with no conversation. That said you do need to find balance between relationships and major interests..

I don't play multi players games since I'm mostly an RPG gamer skyrim, fallout, final fantasy, darksiders, the last of us, and a ton more are single player. The only thing I like multi player is mortal combat but even my hubby would rather play his own games. He's got his computer I got my consoles we're happy. But we also watch tv together, go for walks, and when he wants to play I have enough hobbies and security I don't need to be on top of him 24/7