By This_Is_Me1982 - 03/01/2011 17:51 - Canada

Today, I found out that my friend makes more money than I do. She's a high school dropout and working at a retail job at the mall. I went to college for four years to get my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 598
You deserved it 5 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Except that on average a college graduate with a Bachelor's earns tens of thousands more a year then people who only graduate high school, let alone only some high school and no graduation. Doesn't always work out that way for everyone, but saying that "YDI for thinking that going to college would make you earn more money" is a pretty ridiculously ignorant statement.

Comments

sallen0046 4

Going to college does not guarantee you a fabulous career. Get your resume together, and start applying for higher paying positions. Education is helpful, but attitude, experience, and the ability to sell yourself become much more important the higher the salary. If you don't sell yourself as someone who deserves to make the big bucks, they don't give them to you. This is something you need to learn how to do, just as you needed to learn your trade.

So let me get this straight... your life is Fu**** because your friend is doing well in life without having to go to college? Shouldn't you be happy for her? What kind of self-centered dickwad are you? Oh wait... you sound just like me.

blasfmer 0

just a little tip, college = 1 thing and 1 thing only debt it doesnt promise you will make more money then those that dont go it just makes you have debt congrats

I just said this to another whiny OP not long ago but I'll say it again: so what? Surely you were aware that there were people in this world who make more money than you and that many of them didn't get a higher education. It doesn't change your life at all so why begrudge your "friend" for doing well? If you like what you do and make a fair, living wage, enjoy your life. If not, change your life.

Dee628 0

I'm a key holder at a retail store and make more money than my mom and she has multiple degrees and works for an insurance office. I mean I worked over 10 hours on New Year's Day and made more than she does in two days of work. Sometimes it just happens that way? I guess that just means you have to look harder to find a good paying job! You'll find one!

Bribop 0

Ha ha ha ha I'm a highschool dropout and make more money then any of my friends that finished highschool or collage. I think it's funny as shit

God knows how, you don't sound naturally smart or hard working. Perhaps they've not had enough time to find the right job?

Lol. Does she work at Abercrombie and fitch?

blondeandhot 0

If she worked at abercrombie and fitch she would lose money because employees there need to wear their merchandise haha.

permitame 0

The people that work at A&F only get minimum wage. Same at HCO.

Actually retail can make a lot of money. My friend who didn't go to college is a general manager of a large retail store and makes almost 100k per year.