This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "I'madumbass " - 28/10/2017 05:38

Today, I found out that I am allergic to brass. I have been playing trumpet for four years and want to be a part of an orchestra as a career. I now have a big bruise on my right thumb. And it hurts if it comes into contact with anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45
You deserved it 6

Add a comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments!

Top comments

Assuming the bruise and pain in your thumb subside, Maybe you could get the parts of the trumpet that your skin touch plated or coated with some other material to avoid a reaction

My trumpet teacher told me that everyone is allergic but people have different reactions to it. My first reaction was with that wierd bruise on my thumb that I thought came from nowhere. Then I realized I was practicing for 2 hours and it didn't show up before. And I don't do things that would cause my right thumb to bruise.

Comments

Assuming the bruise and pain in your thumb subside, Maybe you could get the parts of the trumpet that your skin touch plated or coated with some other material to avoid a reaction

The human case of allergy to copper is extremely rare because copper is one of the essential elements of mankind. Like never heard of anyone allergic to iron ... ... This person had been playing for four years without allergies, suddenly began, probably the production of brass trumpet material, copper and zinc alloy which contains a small amount of cadmium caused. The melting point of cadmium is relatively high, and brass is not easy to form a uniform alloy, cadmium may be higher in some parts, with prolonged wear and tear exposed to lead to exposure to allergens. A new trumpet should solve the problem. If you do not have the money to change, you can take to clean and polish make cadmium higher part is thrown away. Comments from 黑猫@Jandan.net http://jandan.net/2017/11/03/fml-1152.html Translated by me. I hope this could help you.

My trumpet teacher told me that everyone is allergic but people have different reactions to it. My first reaction was with that wierd bruise on my thumb that I thought came from nowhere. Then I realized I was practicing for 2 hours and it didn't show up before. And I don't do things that would cause my right thumb to bruise.