Body positivity week

By FattieFatFat - 05/09/2023 14:00

Today, I overheard my crush and his friend talking about girls they would date. When his friend mentioned me, my crush said, “If she wasn’t fat, hell yeah.” Choking back tears at school for the rest of the day was not an easy task. FML
I agree, your life sucks 758
You deserved it 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The YDI's are absolutely ruthless and disrespectful. We can be better than this!

I was with you until the last bit. He has every right to decide he doesn't find larger girls attractive enough to date. Everyone gets to decide what they like. But saying that OP should change to be what he likes is utter bullshit.

Comments

I would not want to date someone like that. People relationship cant be based on a few pounds. But each person has their own taste. Assuming you are still interested it seems that he is very much into you. There are much harder things people do for love than losing a few pounds. That said I never understood why not just find someone who likes you the way you are...

Sounds like he's almost there. Initiate a propaganda campaign on him by sending him some BBW pr0n. He'll come around, so to speak.

The YDI's are absolutely ruthless and disrespectful. We can be better than this!

I'm sure all the YDI, only meant that she should not let some shallow person make her feel bad about herself. And that the only power he has to offend her is the power that she is giving him. And that she should feel self confident that she'll find the one that love and respect her for who she is. Can't be that they meant anything else.

Well, it sounds like you would have a real shot at him if you could lose some weight. So, that is what you have to do.

Look, we can't help what we are attracted to or not. If extra weight is an issue for him then that does not make him a bad person. He can be completely understanding about why phycological issues may have led to obesity and even be a really great guy but simply not be attracted to overweight people. In fact, he even admitted to his friends that, on some level, he finds you attractive. Many guys would just have done the bro thing and shot you down but he gave a balanced answer that actually left him open to ridicule. So, the question now is this: Are you going to revert to the victim mentality or are you going to take positive action to improve not only your chances with him but also your health and your self-image? Many people would give their eye teeth to be able to know exactly what they have to do in order to get that one person. You have that information, now what are you going to do about it?

I was with you until the last bit. He has every right to decide he doesn't find larger girls attractive enough to date. Everyone gets to decide what they like. But saying that OP should change to be what he likes is utter bullshit.

Fair enough. But does she want him or not? I do agree that she should, ideally, be doing it for herself though otherwise she might run into this problem again and again. You have to decide what league you want to play in and act accordingly.

n3rdn3ss 8

Doesn't sound like someone to be infatuated with any more, you dodged a nasty one there.