By Stella5127 - 28/11/2017 05:01 - Australia - Melbourne

Spicy
Today, I found out I'm pregnant. I was shocked and confused as we use condoms and I'm on the pill. I confided in my friend, who guiltily confessed that her daughter swapped my pills for sugar pills and pinned through the rubbers to guarantee herself 5 more years of babysitting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 935
You deserved it 746

Stella5127 tells us more.

Stella5127 12

or all those people doubting my story! this ACTUALLY happened in july of 2016. I now have a boy named Nate. I kept my pills in a pill holder in the fridge with 'mon tue wed' on it. my friends daughter would come over every night after school to look after our oldest daughter, Tilly, after kindergarten while my husband and I would finish work. She had ample opportunity and being a busy teacher id just take my tablets (both birth control and thyroxine) quickly before work. though we love our baby it was a shock. Lily( my friends daughter) went off to a reform school called "Blackwood" (real place look it up) this past July, after she was also caught with drugs in her room and skipping school. she was a troubled child and I still speak to my friend, she only just found out after over hearing her daughter and her friend and was trying to protect her.

Top comments

Zachary8261 28

Tell her that her daughter is no longer allowed in your sight. And break it off with the friend since she was too lazy to remind you.

Maybe it’s time to reconsider calling that person a friend if she knew about her daughter’s actions the whole time.

Comments

Mr_Mole 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Lawsuit. One of the rare occasions for which I support the idea of jackpot justice.

corky1992 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You completely missed the point of this. The brat messed with her medication.

corky1992 33

No, actually I didn’t. I’m just simply pointing out that even if the pills hadn’t gotten messed with it still could have happened. Thanks though.

onceuponatime456 16

The point is NOT about getting pregnant, the point is about the ******* little bitch getting what she deserves for ******* with someone's pills!

bigdaddyeric 35

I would have that **** arrested for malicious damage and criminal intent but you are in Australia so just feed her and the new baby to the gators...

murdomac 9

That's the kind of people you don't need in your life.

Lobby_Bee 17

Make her pay for the child support for the next 18 years.

How about your friend AND her stupid daughter pay for your abortion as you are clearly not ready to have this child?! Why didn’t she tell you this earlier?! How did her daughter have access to the condoms and pills? This girl is not to come near you or your child if you decide to go through with this pregnancy if she’s willing to put your health at risk for her financial gain instead of finding other means to make some pocket money. Absolutely appalling. As for the mother, your so called friend, knowing about this and not speaking earlier, shame on her. Unless the daughter confessed after you got pregnant that she had done this.

Stella5127 12

kept my pills in a pill case in the fridge and the condoms in our bedside drawer.

Sounds extremely unlikely to be true. Firstly, contraceptive pills are normally sold in an extremely clearly marked blister pack, as some of the tablets are sugar pills as part of the normal hormone cycle and you need to take them in the right order. I don't see how you could tamper with it without it being obvious. Secondly, you wouldn't notice the leaking lube from the condoms wrappers? ALL of them? Come on. Calling bullshit on this one.

Mr_Mole 24

Unfortunately it’s frowned upon to call bullshit on things like this. I wish it wasn’t though. Whoever believes this is pretty gullible.

I can see her not noticing the holes poked in the condoms. It’s happened to people I knew and easily missed because all you need is a really fine hole (no pun intended). And you’re right, there’s no way I can think of to not notice the BC pills were tampered with.

It seems unlikely, but all birth control doesn't come in silver packets. My roommate had taken two kinds and the first came in a regular prescription bottle and the second kind came in a yellow, plastic, round packet that had all the pills aligned so easily that you could easily pop one off and insert something else.

it might be possible that there are counterfeit ones sold. I can definitely imagine it being a thing and realistic sugar pills being sold to unscrupulous, abusive people

onceuponatime456 16

I have been "sanctioned" many times for calling BS on a post. Apparently the little snowflakes posting the BS have every right to expect to be believed and if we call them on it we are in the wrong!

The only BC pill I've ever taken came in blister packs, so if it were in that sort of packaging, I have no idea how that could have happened. Though other posters have mentioned, some come in regular prescription bottles, and others are in a kind of packaging that sounds like it doesn't have the same kind of identifier as a blister pack as to which have had the pill removed. As for the condoms, it only takes a very small puncture to compromise the integrity of the entire condom. The babysitter could have used an extremely tiny needle, which would not create a big enough hole to leak a noticeable amount of lubricant outside the packaging, but a big enough hole to cause the condom to tear during intercourse. The only thing I find questionable is, how did the babysitter find sugar pills that looked so similar to BC pills that OP wouldn't notice/why didn't OP notice that her pills had completely changed in appearance? The only thing I can guess is that OP got her pills in prescription bottles, put them in a pill organizer, and takes so many daily pills that they don't individually acknowledge each and every one before swallowing them.

As have I. And I was very polite in how I did it. PLUS I had professional knowledge and experience backing up my claim. Yet I was still banned for a month.

PhantomCrevan 8

Yeah, it's not that hard to sabotage birth control that comes in blister packages once you get a hold of or make sugar pills that look like the BC in question. I'm not saying HOW, because like hell am I being responsible for some sleaze doing it to someone. But it is VERY doable, to the point that it's been recognized as a very common form of reproductive coercion, which in turn is a sub category of domestic violence and rape. If you are that bloody certain you can look it up yourself, but suffice to say that you are completely wrong, to the point that your incompetence in regards to birth control is honestly a bit hysterical. It's a very serious problem, and something that is being considered as being specifically defined as illegal in multiple countries because it's such a big problem. To put it in easier words: if the teenager in question was intelligent enough to plan that far ahead, she would easily be intelligent enough to sabotage birth control. And no, sugar pills don't taste noticeably sweet unless you chew them, which would make detecting a swap difficult.

Mr_Mole 24

Winds me right up. Some are plain ridiculous.

Stella5127 12

or all those people doubting my story! this ACTUALLY happened in july of 2016. I now have a boy named Nate. I kept my pills in a pill holder in the fridge with 'mon tue wed' on it. my friends daughter would come over every night after school to look after our oldest daughter, Tilly, after kindergarten while my husband and I would finish work. She had ample opportunity and being a busy teacher id just take my tablets (both birth control and thyroxine) quickly before work. though we love our baby it was a shock. Lily( my friends daughter) went off to a reform school called "Blackwood" (real place look it up) this past July, after she was also caught with drugs in her room and skipping school. she was a troubled child and I still speak to my friend, she only just found out after over hearing her daughter and her friend and was trying to protect her.

That sucks. Have her baby sit for free for those 5 years. And go to the dr to see why you cant taste sugar

It's been years since I took BC pills, but when I took them, they were small and tasteless. I also never took the sugar pills.

Just about All pills have a thin coating on them so you don't taste them and it also helps when you try to swallow them. Also, while the term is sugar pills, a placebo does not always necessarily contain sugar