By Optimist - 04/08/2009 08:26 - Canada

Today, I found out I have an option on my phone to postpone the sending of my text messages. I thought it would be cute to send my boyfriend texts saying, "I love you and sweet dreams" every night at midnight for a month. He broke up with me and now I can't figure out how to stop the texts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 829
You deserved it 25 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sheagstaz 0

It's FHL because when he brings home another girl it will look like he is cheating. OP you are a genius

I would've broken up with you BECAUSE of that crap idea.

Comments

That would annoy the living hell out of me. I would have dumped you just for doing that! The message loses any sweetness it had when you automate it to repeat every night. I mean, wouldn't it piss you off to have to check the same message at the exact same time every night for a month straight? Delete him from your contact list. That should stop the messages, and I guarantee he doesn't want to hear from you again anyway.

yoshi1mex 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Was it useful to be so rude? He tried to help.

Link5794 18

Not to mention the fact that it loses its intended purpose if it wakes you up, and if you silenced your phone, you wouldn't see it until you wake up, which also defeats the purpose.

Agreed, #14 I'm sure there is a way to stop that. Call your phone company, or your phone manufacturer.

wow a girl just wants to wish her man sweet dreams and say i love you every night and she becomes a clingy needy bitch.. sure its the same message every night so what? how does hearing i love you from your loved one ever become boring? theres no point being nice anymore isnt it

That's what I was thinking. It's like people are bitter assholes when it comes to things like this - I'd love it if my boyfriend had a message sent to me every night - because at the very least he had the forethought to program it to send it. Yeah, it may be on par with buying cliche roses - but the thought is/was still there.

voveraite 7

Well, what is strange here is not the message being sent every midnight (creepy for me, but wouldn't judge for others). If you love them so much, why sooo lazy and not type it in yourself every evening, rather send an automatic response? Doing like this, you can, ya know, even rephrase from time to time...

alex1981_fml 0

same like #35 says it's pretty meaningless when your not really texting that person yourself.

YDI. First of all, RTFM or check the phone's website for instructions on how to disable them. This isn't an FML, it's an ITSTFTOFM - I'm Too Stupid To Figure Things Out For Myself. Secondly, going off the fact that you didn't do the above, and had this idea in the first place, I'm going to guess you're younger. If that's indeed the case, this is also probably a relatively short-term relationship, what, 3 months, tops? Throwing the word "love" around every single day is a bad idea in any relationship. If you both really loved each other, you wouldn't have to say it to let the other person know. The situation sucks, but learn from your mistakes and move on. Don't be one of those clingy, needy girls, because it only annoys those it affects and you will lose more than you gain.

People in committed relationships or who are married who say "I love you" at least once per day (and preferably more times) are less likely to break up or get a divorce than people who just assume the other person knows it. Regardless of whether it's KNOWN, actually SAYING it is a reminder and reassurance of being wanted and appreciated. It's like saying "thank you" when people do nice things for you - if you stop, eventually they stop doing nice things for you. The only time this becomes a problem is when the couple is not actually in love, and I'm willing to bet due to your cynicism, GeekBunny, that this is what happened to you. So just chill, stop being a bitch to people who may have actually lost something meaningful, and hope that someday when you are in love nobody tries to slap YOU with a wet fish like you're doing to others.

You're forgetting that people interpret things differently, however, any time you repeat a word or phrase enough - unless there are actions or proof to back it up - it becomes meaningless. Keep in mind the point I'm pushing here is that everyone is capable of letting someone know they love them without needing to say it all the time. Needing to hear it all the time is, more often than not, a sign of insecurity (if you don't hear it, they don't love you?) and a sign that there are much bigger underlying problems. Your statement about reassurance backs this up, and reinforces the ever-growing population of these young people growing up to be codependent and always needing to be in a relationship. I agree that this is definitely a problem in loveless relationships - unfortunately, there are a LOT of loveless relationships - why encourage people to say "I love you" like it's some sort of habit, instead of saying it occasionally, when you really FEEL that love? Of course I have been in a relationship that went down the loveless path, please show me someone who hasn't. When we loved each other, we didn't need to say it, when we didn't anymore, I recognized it and we discussed things and split mutually. I'm currently more in love and happier than I've ever been with my S.O. of 4+ years. We say the words occasionally, but mostly just show each other in what we do. I have zero doubt that he loves me, so I don't need to hear it. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my delivery, but ultimately I was trying to give the OP some advice that might help her deal with situations like this in a better manner in the future, and to perhaps point out the aforementioned insecurities, since those should be dealt with before getting into any serious relationship.

PurpleHaze23 0

You do realise that just because you don't say it all the time, it doesn't mean that EVERYONE should follow your example. What works for you might not work for other people.

PurpleHaze23 0

That was directed to GeekBunny, by the way.

I hope you realize how stupid you sound with your 'ITSTFTOFM', GeekBunny. Otherwise, I'll push it down your throat. You repulse me with your snobby assumptions on OP's relationship. If you would, scroll up, why don't you? There are a few guys who testify against this as being annoying whatnot. They actually find it sweet.

You know, I'm actually one of those girls who is just less affectionate. I know he doubts me, because I don't show it the way he wants it or say it much for that matter. I like to think that the three words lose value when said too much. I try to say it more, to compensate for whatever affection seemingly lacking. I'm just dull. Not clingy, not needy. Nowhere near at all. I'm sure some girls out there share the same circumstances.

At no point in my posts did I suggest that everyone should do things my way, I was just making the point that not everyone should do things the other way. People are complicated creatures, we all have our own preferences, I'm not holding a gun to your head and saying "You must do things this way," I'm saying, "This is how it is for me" - I live and let live. I made some guesses about the OP, but I went on to say "for any relationship" - your later example is also not you saying it "every day" - and if it is, it is only because of your boyfriend's insecurities, as you pointed out, and I'm guessing the guys above have their doubts in their relationships as well, founded or unfounded. I'm not suggesting you don't mean the words when you say them, how could I have, you hadn't even posted yet? Seriously girls, stop taking posts as personal attacks (this is also not a personal attack). I'm not saying "UR DOIN IT RONG" - I'm just... saying.

Oh, and the "ITSTFTOFM" was in regards to her not being able to figure out how to disable that feature, not in regards to anything about her relationship or behaviour.

Unregistered 0

lol you do realize that a) that guy is obviously one of those guys who can only get one girlfriend or b) they just want to get into their girlfriends pants

all you peple saying YDI dont deserve to have a girlfriend. or a boyfriend.

gigi37 0

See, that's where you're wrong. All of us saying YDI are people that probably have normal not-in-middle-school relationships. I can see how the OP thought it was a nice gesture, but for the boyfriend to get the same text at the same time (especially if he went to bed early only to be woken up) can become annoying.

really? would you enjoy having your significant other take something as important as "I Love You" and preprograming into a machine? it takes all the value out of it. so yeah. she deserved the breakup and the looking like an idiot, because of what she reduced her relationship to.

its the thought that she wants to say i love you to him every day thats the issue here. not about pre programming it. i mean, wads the big deal. anyway the OP never said the bf broke up cause of the texts anyway. so stop assuming. all she did was just wanna say i love u to him every night. i really dont see how wrong that is.

Unregistered 0

lol "its the thought" of pre-programming a message? seriously? What the **** that takes like 5 seconds to do and the phone does the rest for you seriously

Because she wanted to do something sweet for him, she's a needy bitch? WTF?

Considering typically text messages only make a noise once then not again, I'm not sure how or why that would wake anyone up. It's not like it's a phone call were it will continue to ring.

Vaginal and/or anal penetration are the obvious uses. ****** have fetishistic value as well, and some users wield them in other ways, running them over the skin during foreplay for example. If of appropriate sizes, they can be used as gags, for oral penetration for a sort of artificial fellatio. Some people also use specially designed ****** to stimulate the G-spot. A ***** to be inserted in the anus and remain in place for a period of time is called a butt-plug. ****** used for repeated anal penetration, such as thrusting, are usually referred to as simply "******" and must have a flared base to be safe for anal play. There are also double-ended ******, with different-sized shafts pointing in the same direction, used by women to accomplish both anal and vaginal penetration at once, or for two partners to share a single *****. In this case, the ***** acts as a sort of "see-saw"; each partner takes an end and receives stimulation. There are ****** designed to be worn in a harness, sometimes called a strap-on harness or strap-on *****, or to be worn inside, sometimes with vibrating devices attached externally. Strap-on ****** may be double-ended, in which case they are meant to be worn by users who want to experience vaginal or anal penetration while also penetrating a partner. They may also be used for anal penetration of men. If the penetration is done by a female partner to a male partner, the act is known as pegging. Other types of ****** include those designed to be fitted to the face of one party, inflatable ******, and ****** with suction cups attached to the base (sometimes referred to as a wall mount). Other types of harness mounts for ****** (besides strapping to the groin) include thigh mount, face mount, or furniture mounting straps. Recent social acceptance and popularity has resulted in the emergence of highly adorned ******. These are often made of expensive materials and may also be jewelled.

Rubber ******, usually incorporating a steel spring for stiffness, became available in the 1940s. This was a less than satisfactory arrangement because of the potential for serious injury from cuts from the spring when the rubber finally cracked and came apart. Later, PVC ****** with a softer PVC filler became popular. Most of the inexpensive ****** sold today are made this way. PVC and jelly-rubber toys have often been found to be problematic because they contain unsafe phthalates, softeners added to many plastics that are also found in some jewelry, food containers, and other soft rubber toys. Phthalates have been linked to health problems such as cancer and prenatal defects. Products made of PVC or jelly rubber cannot be sterilized. Manufacturers recommend using condoms with these toys if users share them. In the 1990s, silicone rubber ****** became more popular, a trend that has continued as the prices have lowered. These are easier to clean and do not have the characteristic plastic aroma of PVC. They were expensive when introduced but are now reasonably priced, making them an excellent choice for the first-time user. Silicone holds body heat well, and is an excellent conductor of vibrations, allowing users to hold a vibrator at one end. Silicone is also a robust material (especially when compared to the cheap, unsafe jelly rubber that many ****** are made of) that can be sterilized by boiling or bleaching (using a bleach solution, diluted: 10% bleach 90% water)

saddletramp 0

Bravo. Technology has made humans much less romantic. This is proof. And yes, I agree with everyone who said YDI and "oh I WONDER why he broke up with you..." Reminds me of the guy who tried to break up with his clingy, needy girlfriend, only to have her show him the giant back tattoo with both their names on it. Now that's love. Crazy, psycho bitch love. Watch out, she might try to steal your sperm!!!