By Iskylite - 10/09/2013 21:41 - United States - Spring

Today, I found out I do not have a fast metabolism, I've actually had a tape worm living inside me for 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 314
You deserved it 3 702

Iskylite tells us more.

the doctor said it could've lived inside me for 30 years. I'm glad they got it out :) and yes I'm feeling much better :)

Top comments

How did you not notice for so long tape worms can be huge

Look on the bright side, you're thin as a tapeworm! Jack, that sucks, did you get it out?

Comments

narkill 13

Hopefully you won't get another one for tape 2....eh.

How did you not notice for so long tape worms can be huge

they're flat and grow in coils around the intestines...

69 - I read this FML and got super squeamish and then I read your comment...and I'm so grossed out right now. *shivers*

the doctor said it could've lived inside me for 30 years. I'm glad they got it out :) and yes I'm feeling much better :)

Glad you're on the mend! My friends and family are appalled that I can eat the way I do and still look the way I do...I've mentioned that I'm a triathlete, they've mentioned tapeworms. Now I'm kinda worried. Did you feel like you had something in there? Did you have any other symptoms? Thank you for your share because I really hadn't considered a tapeworm...

As I am a very active person also. I think me working out a lot took my mind off it. that is, until I've started feeling sick and had very bad symptoms. what had me knowing is that when I went to the restroom it was more like a liquid (diahria) and could see the eggs. so I got help immediately now my stomach feels a lot better and there's no more pressure.

I also have the 18 foot monster in a jar on my dresser :)

caitlinbblack 14

well its been inside me for 3 years so I would say we're pretty close friends. and yes its dead haha

haha oh wow that made me laugh hard. good thing halloweens coming up next month; youve got an awesome prop

That's a fun conversation starter for future girlfriends "Hey what's that?" "Oh that's just the worm i had in me for 3 years" Cue screaming girl running out the front door.

I'm so disturbed right now it isn't funny.

It actually probably wasn't the eggs you were seeing if you say it in your poop. Those I believe are only visible under a microscope. You were seeing the tapeworm proglatid. Or a segment of the tapeworm. It's creepy and gross. Congrats on your trophy though. That's one hell of a story.

Look on the bright side, you're thin as a tapeworm! Jack, that sucks, did you get it out?

How do they get it out? that's crazy. glad it's gone

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

They can cause severe medical problems over time. Op is lucky not to die of mal nourishment.

That's why they used to sell them, before consumer safety laws

#4 Tape worms can eventually kill you if they are not removed. Because they steal all the healthy nutrients from your food and leave you just barely enough to function. People used to end up dying from malnourishment. At one time tapeworms were considered a dietary cure, but not anymore. So OP needs to (if he hasn't already) get it cut out.

Trisha_aus 15

Doctors hate him! One easy tip for weight loss!

lolita88_fml 27

That is just....ugh. Sucks to be you, OP.

MoronsAccount1 12

Yay for weight loss, am I right? Heh.. heheh....

Little4Bear 10

That's just crazy, my uncle had a tapeworm and realized within a few months. Lost around 40 pounds but got really sick.