By Sheggie - 30/01/2010 05:06 - Australia

Today, I found a wallet belonging to some guy, it had $355 inside. Because he had his address written inside, I decided to return it hoping for a reward. I drove for 40 mins and finally got to his house during peak hour. All he did was say "oh cool". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 640
You deserved it 15 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spiderman0606 0

Drug money. But you don't do something for the reward, you do it because you feel it's right. YDI.

birds_fml 7

Holy crap entitled much? Instead of doing something for a reward, why don't you do it because it's the right thing to do? And how is he supposed to know that you drove for 40 minutes? What I would've done is turn it in to the police, or if I found it in the store, turned it in to the store manager, rather than driving for 40 minutes and then expecting a reward for not stealing it. It's ridiculous how people expect to be rewarded for not doing the wrong thing. Plus, how do you know you returned it to the right person? It had an address written inside? That could've been the address of a friend's house, or a house someone needed to make a delivery to. Maybe you just gave the wallet to a stranger who decided to pretend it was his to keep the money.

Comments

anela_fml 0

here's what u shoulda done: 1. Get ALL the money out only and let him keep his business stuff and credit card and shit like that. 2. Find the guy's house. 3. Leave the wallet on the doorstep. 4. Ring the bell. 5. GET THE **** OUT OF THERE! ydi, when u find money, u just keep it.

testing_fml 0

Kudos to you for not taking all the money.

evilkid42 0

wow wow wow dumb people do dumb stuff u should of taken the money

perstephane 4

Let me get this straight - you want a reward for *not* breaking the law and stealing his money? Or one for actually being a decent human being instead of a jerk? You should do the right thing because it's the right thing.

xx3ginaxx3 0

Why is it YDI for expecting a reward? As you could probably tell from most of these comments, a lot of people would have just kept the money. The owner should have been grateful that their wallet was found by someone who returned it, with all the money inside. For their trouble, the OP deserves some kind of reimbursement.

ihateuall 0

no u ******* idiot, most of the people would have turned it in to the police. plus, who does good things only because they expect a reward? A DOUCHEBAG

shouldsmilemore 0

What a douche… If you only returned it for the reward then why return it at all. How self-important are you that you need anything in-kind for doing the “right thing” I agree that he should have said “Thank you” other than that grow up if you knew that you were going to bitch about the drive then you shouldn’t have made it. “Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”

TriniRockStar 0
Rico5037 0

or you could have spent less than a dollar and just mailed him his shit with no money, or turned it to the police, if he cared that little when u handed it to him perhaps he would have never claimed it.

great idea. you didn't need a reward. but he could have atleast said thanks.